Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I'm totally going to exploit this being one of the first comments on a home-page story as I'm having problems with a Mavericks sleep wake failure.

I have Mavericks on my work iMac (27" late 2012) and it has crashed every night (except last night, which was a surprise) since installing Mavericks several weeks ago. I've tried all the usual tricks resetting SMC, PRAM, repairing permissions, whatever else there could be. I used Mavericks for at least a week on my home rMBP before installing it on my work machine to make sure that it was stable. Has anyone else found a solution to this? I can't find anything online that works. I've also tried removing some of the unnecessary software utilities that run in the background on my computer, but it still crashes with a "Sleep Wake Failure".

It's really annoying to have to make sure everything is saved and closed out before leaving each day. I like leaving everything where I left it so that I can quickly pick back up where I left off. I'm usually connected to a bunch of remote servers, have a bunch of PHP files open that I'm flipping between, along with a bunch of tabs in multiple browsers that I'm testing against, some PSDs that I like to leave open to run actions on images for our standard template, a bunch of vectors for logos, buttons and things that I leave open to grab and tweak in Illustrator, a bunch of IM windows and more. I have 16GB of RAM and a Fusion Drive so my hardware can handle the multitasking. But even when I've closed most everything down and put it to sleep it still crashes during the night!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.