Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
I wanted to know if anyone else has this issue.

The way my music shows up on my iTunes is different than when I look at it on my iphone 5 running latest version of iOS 7.

When I am under Albums on itunes the music is all mixed up on my iphone. Basically I have my albums tab set to Artist name - name of album...and every thing is in order. Then when I sync my iphone under the same albums tab the albums are all mixed up and f$@#$ed up. Is this a bug a glitch or what? I did not have this problem on ios 6.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
so the albums are sorting chronologically and you want them to sort alphabetically?

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
It's even worse on 7.1 beta1 as they are sorted by highest year first which is stupid, i wish they would put some options in the music settings which allow different types or sorting like in the real iTunes

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
To be honest after looking through it I have absolutely no idea how Apple decided to sort your music on the iphone. Its not even by year its just some albums they decide to order it by the first letter of the artist and on others its by the firat letter of the album regardless of how i have it on itunes.

I was just wondering if other people have the same problem or if its just mine.

I have noticed that what ever music I have purchased on itunes store, the software just goes with what it is by default regardless of how you go into the info and change it. I guess two sets of rules....what ever you upload on your own and what ever you buy from the store....IMO this is BS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.