Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
"Best" is relative.

To me, the MetaWatch is the best, because it does exactly what I need it to without being a distraction and it has great battery life. Others will feel it's limited to the point where it's totally unnecessary and instead want an iWatch.

So take a few minutes, think about what you need and what you want, write down pros and cons of all watches available to you, then simply choose the one that's best for you.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Depends if you want just notifications on your wrist, an extension of your existing smartphone, or if you want a full blown phone replacement on your wrist like the Neptune Pine or Omate. Personally I think the watches like the pebble and Gear are useless and duplicate functionality that might take a millisecond more, ie; glancing at your phone.

navra233

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
The one with the most development is the Pebble. Don't know if it makes it the best.

As of now Pebble is doing great in field of SmartWatches. But in coming time there will be more SmartWatches... Possibly one from Apple Itself.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Having used a few, I still think Pebble is the best. Especially if you use an Android phone. There is a million tweaks available for it to really make it do what you want it to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.