Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
England/China
So randomly my iPhone asked me to input the password for my iCloud account, after several failed attempts, it blocked my account and so I went ahead to reset my password. Stupidly, I've forgotten the answer to my secret question. Once again, after many failed attempts, it puts an 8 hour block on the Apple ID reset system. Emailing won't help, since it's set to send emails to said account. I now know the password for the account but it seems it's completely blocked anymore attempts and I must go through the reset password phase.

Does this mean I'm forever locked out of my account?

thanks

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Give Apple a call. These security questions and answers are there for a reason, but if you cannot answer them they might be able to assist. But no guarantee.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I had this issue a few years ago with my daughters iTunes. I was able to put my credit card in the iTunes on her MacBook and Apple was able to comfirm who I was that way.

Set up the 2 step verfication, so much easier that those stupid questions. I got locked out even after I was reading off the screen shot I had of the answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.