Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainless24

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Anyone know of any free SAFE and ones that wont slow down my computer more than photoshop and illustrator? Anyone know any knockoffs? :eek:

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
iDraw is a suitable replacement for Illustrator.

No CMYK support. That's a pretty big difference, rendering it useless for any print work, requiring a workaround conversion in another application. Also, all non-vector exports are at 72dpi.

Both of which are a great shame, given that the feature set looks like it could give Illustrator a run for its money in my workflow, at least.

Cheers

Jim

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
No CMYK support. That's a pretty big difference, rendering it useless for any print work, requiring a workaround conversion in another application. Also, all non-vector exports are at 72dpi.

Both of which are a great shame, given that the feature set looks like it could give Illustrator a run for its money in my workflow, at least.

Cheers

Jim

Yeah I realize the drawbacks to iDraw, but the OP wanted something that was free. iDraw is closest to free and even it will cost some. I know nothing free will replace Illustrator. Anything close is going to cost you about the same as Illustrator. I also have no idea if OP was using it for print work, they never stated. Was just taking a shot. Op left it wide open.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Mod Note: I consider a knock off to be a pirated version. No discussion of piracy is allowed in any form. I appreciate that members other than the OP discussed alternatives but the title and initial post are clearly not asking for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.