Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
First of all, I hope this is the right forum.

I'm going on a semester long journey for the spring semester (that's a different story). I want to document it with a digital camera (yet to be purchased) and post the pictures online and keep a blog or something to keep in touch with all my freinds back home.

I was originally thinknig of just sending an e-mail to everyone with updates of whats going on, but I can't exactly send tons of pictures that way.

.mac would be nice, but I don't have the spare cash. I'm a member of Spymac, but apparently the blogging and photo features are still down.. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions of how to stay in touch with everyone with pictures and words :p

Thanks!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Over Achiever said:
That's what I currently do (except with LiveJournal) ... but it seems Blogger lets you skip the photobucket part and you can upload directly from your computer? At least that's what the info page says ...

ah yes you can. i never realized that actually. :eek:

i don't put any pictures on my blog because i have yet to get my digital camera. but yeah, from where you update your page you can upload images. i dont know whats the limit or restrictions though.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
PlaceofDis said:
i don't put any pictures on my blog because i have yet to get my digital camera. but yeah, from where you update your page you can upload images. i dont know whats the limit or restrictions though.
Looks like the limit is 300 MB, no restrictions on how much each uploading picture should be.

This is interesting, I might may my blog over from LJ to Blogger ...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Over Achiever said:
Looks like the limit is 300 MB, no restrictions on how much each uploading picture should be.

This is interesting, I might may my blog over from LJ to Blogger ...

i have both. and i must say the management of your posts is much better over on blogger, and i like the look of it better too. its free, i would give it a shot if i were you.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Over Achiever said:
The only thing I would miss is my friends page from LJ ^^

keep the LJ account, just don't post there? Bookmark the friends page? and this way you can still reply to their posts there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.