Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I see it's available now , does
Anyone know where I can pick one up at a store? Thanks

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Best Buy usually has early access.

Best place right now would be online though, for the 15% off black friday special.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Lifeproofs site has them with a 15% discount and I think the belt clip is only $7 right now too.

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Lifeproofs site has them with a 15% discount and I think the belt clip is only $7 right now too.

Which is about what the belt clip should cost to begin with.

I picked up one and a nuud for the 5S. Hopefully it works better than the fre on the 5 did. After that experience I have been afraid of life proof cases.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Which is about what the belt clip should cost to begin with.

I picked up one and a nuud for the 5S. Hopefully it works better than the fre on the 5 did. After that experience I have been afraid of life proof cases.

That's not very comforting to hear for a guy that spent almost $100 on life proof products.

What issues did you have with it?

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I picked one up myself from online to. Got the following:

x1 iPhone 5s Nüüd case.
x2 Belt clip holsters (1 for my duty belt and 1 for normal clothing).
x1 Suction cup car mount.
x1 Water Protection Plan.

Grand total $107.xx. Saved $92; not bad at all.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
That's not very comforting to hear for a guy that spent almost $100 on life proof products.

What issues did you have with it?

There is a whole thread on here with iPhone 5 Fre case issues. But happy to say i have had a 5S Fre for 2 days and its great, even the screen protector.

Wish we could get those belt clips for that price in Australia. $30 here. Just ordered the life jacket for it. $41 here.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
You know usually BestBuy gets first access to these, but BestBuy doesn't even know about them yet.

I had the Fre on my 5 and hated it.. The bubbling effect on the screen was terrible as was the sound.. I bought the Nuud for the 5 when it came out and LOVED it.. Sound was much improved as was the screen since it didn't have a non touch screen protector.

Now I want to try the Nuud with my 5s, but want to buy it local so if I get home and don't like it, I can return it right back to the store without having to ship something back.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
You know usually BestBuy gets first access to these, but BestBuy doesn't even know about them yet.

I had the Fre on my 5 and hated it.. The bubbling effect on the screen was terrible as was the sound.. I bought the Nuud for the 5 when it came out and LOVED it.. Sound was much improved as was the screen since it didn't have a non touch screen protector.

Now I want to try the Nuud with my 5s, but want to buy it local so if I get home and don't like it, I can return it right back to the store without having to ship something back.

Same thing here. Best Buy's website still doesnt have them listed however... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.