Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Recently started getting the message "the itunes library file cannot be saved. an unknown error occurred (-50)". When iTunes is closed and reopened the message "The itunes application cannot be opened. An unknown error occurred (13014)" appears. Reinstall iTunes and restart and maybe get a couple days before it occurs again. Or, 5 minutes like just happened.

***Disregard for now. My iTunes library is on the Optibay internal data drive in a MBP. I think that checking "Ignore ownership on this volume" may be the fix. The Lightroom catalog (also stored on the 2nd internal drive) would not open the past two days, but will now. If anyone knows why these issues have cropped up just recently regarding accessing data on the 2nd internal drive, that would be helpful.

Last edited:

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Started again last night. Requires a restart and then lasts a few hours before it reoccurs.:mad:

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Am facing the same error. Redo my mbp before restoring data, also got the same error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.