Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I've got a Polarizer, Neutral Density, and UV filters. Are there any more I could get, and where can I find them? Sorry for being such a newbie, haha.:D

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
seenew said:
I've got a Polarizer, Neutral Density, and UV filters. Are there any more I could get, and where can I find them? Sorry for being such a newbie, haha.:D

Those are the ones Nikon makes for that, right? The problem is that the lens filter thread is a special size, not your standard size, so that it makes it difficult to get filters unless you go to a third-party vendor to get a special adapter to put on there first and then you can use any standard size filters you need. I am drawing a blank here -- it's a place in Canada which sells custom-made filter adapters for the 8800 and sells them at a very reasonable price. Armed with one of these you can then purchase filters in whatever size you want.... Hm.... I think it's Nextphoto, but I'm not sure. Run a Google and it should show up....

OK, I just ran the search and it's nextphoto.net. Enjoy!

OTB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.