PDA

View Full Version : What to do now

monke
Dec 19, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm a n00b at webdesign and need a bit of help.

I have finished my template in Photoshop, sliced it and now don't know what to do. I have Dreamweaver but don't know how to use it. I have searched the internet for tutorials explaining how to use dreamweaver throughly, only bits and peices.

Could someone lead me in some direction, please.

PS: I have 'Saved Optimised' in Imageready so my template is saved as a .html file.

super_kev
Jan 6, 2006, 05:31 AM
Do yourself a favor and buy a tutorial/beginning Dreamweaver book at Barnes and Noble. Doing it from looking around online will work, but it will take more time if you have no idea where to start.

cwedl
Jan 6, 2006, 06:24 AM
Do yourself a favor and buy a tutorial/beginning Dreamweaver book at Barnes and Noble. Doing it from looking around online will work, but it will take more time if you have no idea where to start.

I totally agree, a good book on Dreamweaver will help you no end! I had no knowledge of website development, I bought a book and now I've made a website that connects to databases etc!

ipacmm
Jan 6, 2006, 07:29 AM
I agree with everyone about buying a book, but I would also check out some online web sites that go through the software and offer free tutorials.

Sam/B
Jan 6, 2006, 09:20 AM
if you've got yourself a copy of quarkxpress you can select a new project as a web page import the pictures in (after you've chopped them up a little) and add links and website doodars all really easily (more or less drag and drop). The coding wont be pretty as you dont touch any of that but it's always good as a starting point.

You can always import that into dreamweaver then to play around with it.

Stampyhead
Jan 6, 2006, 09:28 AM
Dreamweaver comes with a manual that includes tutorials to help you through the basics. That's how I learned Dreamweaver back in the day when I first started using it.