PDA

View Full Version : Check out this month's Popular Science

davidc2182
Jan 5, 2003, 11:53 PM
OK I know this is probably nothing but it could be something, I just got the January 03 issue of popular science and one feature is the future of cell phone design located on page 14, one of the phones is a triangle shape integrating a camera and a pop out keyboard and on the right hand side of the green keyboard, second to last row of keys, the last key is an empty Apple shape, the exact shape that apple uses, think it could be something important? if you havent got the popular science issue I'll try to scan the page in tomorrow at the computer lab to prove it.

springscansing
Jan 6, 2003, 12:14 AM
Uh.. dude. That could be ultra-important! SCAN!

MisterMe
Jan 6, 2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by davidc2182
OK I know this is probably nothing but it could be something, I just got the January 03 issue of popular science and one feature is the future of cell phone design located on page 14, one of the phones is a triangle shape integrating a camera and a pop out keyboard and on the right hand side of the green keyboard, second to last row of keys, the last key is an empty Apple shape, the exact shape that apple uses, think it could be something important? if you havent got the popular science issue I'll try to scan the page in tomorrow at the computer lab to prove it.
This is old news. The magazine has been out for a month already. But, it really means nothing. You have a concept phone with an "Apple" key on the alphanumeric keypad. It is not a shipping product. It is not even a prototype of a future shipping product. There is very little you can read into the picture.

Beej
Jan 6, 2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MisterMe

This is old news. The magazine has been out for a month already. But, it really means nothing. You have a concept phone with an "Apple" key on the alphanumeric keypad. It is not a shipping product. It is not even a prototype of a future shipping product. There is very little you can read into the picture. Was this picture made by Apple, though? Or was it just someone using the Apple logo (which is illegal, if I'm not mistaken). If it is the former, it means Apple is at least thinking about it...

davidc2182
Jan 6, 2003, 12:34 AM
was not made by apple but by a cell phone company named siemens so is it possible there could be a connection to apple? I dunno but it is illegal to use someone else's logo.