Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Voice Dictation seems like a really cool feature but I have to wonder if any one uses it at all, aside from the random google searches. It seems a bit odd that if you leave it on, it'll remain on and appear anytime you can type anything, almost anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone does use, and if so for what uses... whether it be constantly or sparingly. Reason being i'm wanting to showcase a few of Mavericks features for my aunt when I give her a rMBP for the holidays. Truth is I may not be able to suppress myself and give her the new laptop this week. :D

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Seeing as no one has come in here screaming "I love Voice Dictation! OMG This ***** is amazing," I have to assume most of us just don't use it at all.

Perhaps seeing as Siri isn't on OSX?

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
never used it - didn't know about it tbh. i feel self conscious using siri on the iPhone, suspect it'd be the same on the mac

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I installed the enhanced dictation but I find it way more accurate to just type it in, takes all of two seconds, takes more to edit the text than the VD usually gets wrong lol

drew627

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I use it when I need to type long texts in French, Chinese, and English at the same time. It's really neat...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.