Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snookiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Hey guys,

So when I discovered I didn't need Mountain Lion (10.8) to bridge the gap between what I currently have installed (10.7.5) and Mavericks and wouldn't lose anything by skipping buying 10.8 (not to mention apple doesn't seem to sell it anyway) I decided to go from 10.7.5 straight to 10.9.

So find mavericks on Apple.com, click the link to take me to the App Store app, and then hit download>install app through App Store. However, nothing really happens. No confirmation or action is visible (ex. in safari when you click to download something the icon zooms over and the download pane shows its progress.) When I go to purchases I see Mavericks there, but the grey box is mysteriously blank and no matter what I do (restarting App Store, signing in and out, restarting computer) nothing is fixed. Did it bugg out on my App Store App? Has anyone seen this before?

Help Please! Thanks for any and all responses.

Here's a pic of the problem.
82g7JJn.png

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

So when I discovered I didn't need Mountain Lion (10.8) to bridge the gap between what I currently have installed (10.7.5) and Mavericks and wouldn't lose anything by skipping buying 10.8 (not to mention apple doesn't seem to sell it anyway) I decided to go from 10.7.5 straight to 10.9.

So find mavericks on Apple.com, click the link to take me to the App Store app, and then hit download>install app through App Store. However, nothing really happens. No confirmation or action is visible (ex. in safari when you click to download something the icon zooms over and the download pane shows its progress.) When I go to purchases I see Mavericks there, but the grey box is mysteriously blank and no matter what I do (restarting App Store, signing in and out, restarting computer) nothing is fixed. Did it bugg out on my App Store App? Has anyone seen this before?

Help Please! Thanks for any and all responses.

Here's a pic of the problem.

It's a large file. Essentially it downloads the installer which is an application. Once it's finished downloading, you just open the application and run the installer.

snookiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
It's a large file. Essentially it downloads the installer which is an application. Once it's finished downloading, you just open the application and run the installer.

I think you misunderstood. Clicking download/install app literally does nothing, it just remains blank and no download or process starts. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think you misunderstood. Clicking download/install app literally does nothing, it just remains blank and no download or process starts. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Have you looked for an application in your applications folder titled "Install OS X Mavericks" ?

If it's not there, try restarting your computer. Then open the App Store directly, find the Mavericks update there, and try to download again.

snookiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Have you looked for an application in your applications folder titled "Install OS X Mavericks" ?

If it's not there, try restarting your computer. Then open the App Store directly, find the Mavericks update there, and try to download again.

Not in applications folder, and a restard didn't change anything, appstore seems to still be bugged. : /

CarreraGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2013
Not in applications folder, and a restard didn't change anything, appstore seems to still be bugged. : /

Check your Launchpad.app, it downloads in the background and can take 30+ mins depending on your connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.