Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cbdboz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Increasingly I am seeing DRM issues impacting how I can watch Ultraviolet digital copies I have bought. Before, it was possible to use airplay or mirroring to get the image and sound from my iPad (using Flixster app) to the big screen.....now it will give an error message due to DRM.

It seems that it is fine to watch this content on PC / iPad screens...but the big issue comes when there is and hdmi connected screen.

...so the question I have, is whether the Mac Mini (which could be connected to the TV screen directly via hdmi..) encounters the same problems..or whether this would be the solution to watching my library of ultraviolet digital copies on a big screen?.

I have the same issues with my SKY GO app.....which no longer allows mirroring as it recognises an hdmi connection from the Apple TV.......however, if I had a mac mini, and was watching the same content via a browser...and the mac mini was connected to my tv via hdmi ( as it's display unit)..... Would this work, or same issues??

Appreciate any feedback from Mac Mini users who connect to TV via hdmi and may be able to help.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.