PDA

View Full Version : Best PC/Mac of the year

MacBytes
Dec 20, 2005, 04:37 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Polls
Link: Best PC/Mac of the year (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051220173704)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Seasought
Dec 20, 2005, 05:01 PM
Though I don't own either of them, the iMac and the G5 were my choices (I voted for the G5).

Looks like Dell's XPS isn't doing so well currently. I'm not surprised about the Alienware box as that's the "über pc game machine" that's out there for the time being.

I think the mini, iMac and G5 are all great personally.

nagromme
Dec 20, 2005, 05:16 PM
Looks like the iMac G5 is the front-runner.

angelwatt
Dec 20, 2005, 05:16 PM
Kind of an unfair basis for voters because 99% haven't use allof them to be able to fairly say which is best to them. Besides that though I went with the iMac, but was torn between it and the Mac mini, even though I don't have either. Wish I could try them all. :cool:

zap2
Dec 20, 2005, 05:17 PM
i have the iMac but i voted G5 quad PM,, thats QUAD part wins it:)

Dont Hurt Me
Dec 20, 2005, 05:20 PM
My vote is for the Alienware, really an awesome gaming machine and the Mac Mini. You dont hear many complain about the Mini, while Powermacs and iMacs are allways having issues it seems. Might as well mention that The new Powermac quad is in the hands of inside Mac Gaming and guess what? My 1 1/2 old Alienware AMD 3500/6800GT is faster then a new Powermac Quad 4 with a 7800 in almost any game:eek: Great for work but.............for fun? Alienware! Big Bad and yes fast:D

maya
Dec 20, 2005, 05:21 PM
i have the iMac but i voted G5 quad PM,, thats QUAD part wins it:)

Unfair considering the iMac G5 was released in late late 2004 and the Mac Mini early 2005, which the Quad released late 2005.

Though I voted for the iMac, it should have been the Mac Mini. :)

Too many PC designs and styles to keep track off. ;)

p0intblank
Dec 20, 2005, 05:51 PM
I voted for the iMac G5, for its amazing form and function, as well as included software. I would've voted for the G5 Quad, but the iMac steals the spot.

gangst
Dec 20, 2005, 05:58 PM
The iMac G5 is a great machine, for nearly all Mac users, but after getting my Quad G5, this has got to be the fastest mofo I've ever used, God I love this machine.

ATD
Dec 20, 2005, 06:17 PM
I love my new Quad, it gets my vote. Is it just me or do those PCs look like toys? :D

Something I would get with a Happy Meal.

zap2
Dec 20, 2005, 06:42 PM
Unfair considering the iMac G5 was released in late late 2004 and the Mac Mini early 2005, which the Quad released late 2005.

Though I voted for the iMac, it should have been the Mac Mini. :)

Too many PC designs and styles to keep track off. ;)

Well since the iMac was redone in late 2005 i think its fair. It not when it came out it how it is NOW

cwtnospam
Dec 20, 2005, 06:43 PM
You dont hear many complain about the Mini, while Powermacs and iMacs are allways having issues it seems.
What issues?

maya
Dec 20, 2005, 06:50 PM
Well since the iMac was redone in late 2005 i think its fair. It not when it came out it how it is NOW

Yet the iMac G5 in the picture is a rev A and B not C. So its misleading. ;) :)

Fiveos22
Dec 20, 2005, 06:50 PM
If we are talking about looks, for voting, the Alienware and Dell computers look identical to me. The Falcon computer may be a nice set of hardware, but it resides in a shoe box. The only computers here that have been "designed" are the Apple ones. All the others are stock parts, that could very well be the same between them...not that it is necessarily better that Apple's innards are non-stock, but the change indiciates designing a computer towards an objective (not just putting a rig inside of a rig).

ITASOR
Dec 20, 2005, 08:29 PM
iMac G5! Can't beat the price either.

homerjward
Dec 20, 2005, 08:34 PM
i voted for the mac mini--it just seems to be the most innovative of them. moreso than the imac g5 or teh quad, imho.

the 3 gaming pcs are for n00bs. if you care that much about your hardware, build it yourself for cheaper 'cept maybe the dell:rolleyes:
present company excluded. ;)

Eidorian
Dec 20, 2005, 08:44 PM
I voted for the iMac. Apple seems to have made an evolution instead of a revolution this time in the iMac. It's a great, powerful consumer/prosumer computer in a sleek package. I never thought I'd use the wi-fi or bluetooth. I'm glad it's an included extra now.