Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGod

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
I think I now know what IT is going to be.

It compliments and uses ".mac" and "sherlock" WITHOUT being a digital camera OR a PDA OR a cell phone.

It uses InkWell technology.

It has a large-ish color screen.

It uses bluetooth technology.

It adds to the 'digital lifestyle' concept.

Drum-roll please...

The device (that is slightly larger than an iPod) functions sort of like an e-book (and an e-book is one of its many functions) - you can subscribe to a service and download newspapers and magazines from the web (perhaps through .mac) and you can view them on the color display. You can even cut and paste news images or articles that you like into a favorites folder using the stylus.
You can also check e-mail and browse the web from it (it connects wirelessly through your cell phone or may have it's own 'cellular' facilites).
You can use iCal on it and you can change and input dates and appointments through the touchscreen with a stylus. You can then go home or to the office and iSync your calendar and addressbook with your computer.
It will also function as a music player - and you can use a streaming web-radio service available like the magazine/newspaper daily download subscription.
Accessing sherlock and .mac can help you find your way if you get lost with map facilities and restaurant guides and movie listings.

So that's it (or pretty close to what it's going to be). The iPod changed the way people listened to music - no more CDs or bulky players - and this new device will change the way people read newspapers and magazines and use the web on the go.

sedarby

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
Dallas, TX
Good Grief!

If this is IT then I am out of here for good. Reading newspapers and magazines online. That is the next BIG thing? I am seeing about being cryogenically frozen before I die if this is all we get. I will wait a hundred years or so and then hopefully we will have useful technology from Apple.

bdguyton1

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2003
I think...

i think that that sounds really cool. That is a great, ORIGINAL idea, one that Micro$oft hasn't tried yet. This could change the way people look at Apples like the iMac did a few years ago. I'm very anxious to see what the suprise is.:D

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: This is it.

Originally posted by iGod
I think I now know what IT is going to be.

It compliments and uses ".mac" and "sherlock" WITHOUT being a digital camera OR a PDA OR a cell phone.

It uses InkWell technology.

It has a large-ish color screen.

It uses bluetooth technology.

It adds to the 'digital lifestyle' concept.

Drum-roll please...

The device (that is slightly larger than an iPod) functions sort of like an e-book (and an e-book is one of its many functions) - you can subscribe to a service and download newspapers and magazines from the web (perhaps through .mac) and you can view them on the color display. You can even cut and paste news images or articles that you like into a favorites folder using the stylus.
You can also check e-mail and browse the web from it (it connects wirelessly through your cell phone or may have it's own 'cellular' facilites).
You can use iCal on it and you can change and input dates and appointments through the touchscreen with a stylus. You can then go home or to the office and iSync your calendar and addressbook with your computer.
It will also function as a music player - and you can use a streaming web-radio service available like the magazine/newspaper daily download subscription.
Accessing sherlock and .mac can help you find your way if you get lost with map facilities and restaurant guides and movie listings.

So that's it (or pretty close to what it's going to be). The iPod changed the way people listened to music - no more CDs or bulky players - and this new device will change the way people read newspapers and magazines and use the web on the go.

You do realize you pretty much described a PDA right?

Lethal

iGod

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
2+2

Check out the thread about the .Mac address book feature coming Jan. 7 so you can keep up-to-date while you're "on the road."

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Re: I think...

Originally posted by bdguyton1
i think that that sounds really cool. That is a great, ORIGINAL idea, one that Micro$oft hasn't tried yet. This could change the way people look at Apples like the iMac did a few years ago. I'm very anxious to see what the suprise is.:D

Uh... M$ Tablet.

I guess if it were like those changing newspapers in "Minority Report". It's not exactly something no one has ever thought of before. I guess it could be considered "cutting-edge", but the technology is still awhile off.

Nationwide Wireless anyone?

logoi

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2003
the new digitla device is called iGod, guys here already knew about that :)
pressing a red button you can create the world in seven days, that's where the name is from :)

iGod

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
Originally posted by logoi
the new digitla device is called iGod, guys here already knew about that :)
pressing a red button you can create the world in seven days, that's where the name is from :)

Damn! You blew my cover!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.