Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeRito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New England, USA
Anyone know if iOS 7 has any built in maintenance scripts like OS X? Otherwise, are there any apps that clear memory, caches, temp files, rebuild permissions, etc?

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Anyone know if iOS 7 has any built in maintenance scripts like OS X? Otherwise, are there any apps that clear memory, caches, temp files, rebuild permissions, etc?

Nope.. As my understanding, all apps cannot access kernel and root directory as they are sandboxed. So there is no way to do stuffs that extensive like in desktop OS....

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Apps can't access the system like that. There was a time when apps could kill background processes to free up memory, but Apple has banned that now.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
"Cleaning" or "maintenance" apps are unnecessary on OS X and iOS. Just let the OS manage itself. There is no need for any 3rd party app to maintain either OS X or iOS.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
My experience is that there is generally no need to do so. That said, when I upgraded my ipad3 to IOS7, it did experience some performance issues that were improved when I did a settings reset. It became less laggy afterwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.