Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
In sign in it asks for username... the problem is that i dont have a username for my youtube account.... i have created a youtube account only with my icloud account.... so how to connect at my youtube account?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Thats what i am using cause as i said i dont have a username on youtube... i login only with my icloud email. On apple tv it says put your username....

I meant just put your email address in the username field. It will work.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Well that is strange. My email address works just fine. In fact you CAN'T log in with a username anymore; Not since Google changed the whole login system a while ago.

When was the last time you updated your AppleTV's firmware?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
do you have 2 step authentication enabled on your google account?
if you do then you will need to create an application specific password for the appletv.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Yeap.... i put just the email and it is not working.

This is the way i am signed in youtube.
Just a friendly note, don't reveal your email addy on the internet :p
You could just edit your username out and leave the @icloud.com part

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
do you have 2 step authentication enabled on your google account?
if you do then you will need to create an application specific password for the appletv.

I dont trust google... i have also skipped the part in the registration where it aks to add our mobile phone number....i didn't create youtube channel cause it auto creates google+ profile.... so i ll have to live with that... no youtube profile for me on apple tv.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
I dont trust google... i have also skipped the part in the registration where it aks to add our mobile phone number....i didn't create youtube channel cause it auto creates google+ profile.... so i ll have to live with that... no youtube profile for me on apple tv.

I certainly understand your frustration with Google+. I haven't posted a single comment on YouTube since they integrated it.

Honestly, if you have a device that can do it, it's best to to just AirPlay YouTube. The iOS app is much better than the one integrated into Apple TV. (you may also be able to find a plug-in for your browser that'll allow it to airplay YouTube videos)

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Honestly, if you have a device that can do it, it's best to to just AirPlay YouTube. The iOS app is much better than the one integrated into Apple TV. (you may also be able to find a plug-in for your browser that'll allow it to airplay YouTube videos)

I didnt thought of that mate... thanks a lot. Nice workaround solution :)

If it wasnt for youtube channel subscription reasons i would have permanently deleted my g.account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.