PDA

View Full Version : help with flash needed

sk3pt1c
Dec 21, 2005, 08:18 AM
hi there
i'm trying to make a website on flash because i decided that dreamweaver would not work for the effects that i want to create
i am completely new to flash and i went through the lessons and the tutorials
i got the basics down
but
since i am not going to create a movie that has a start and an end
how exactly do i go about creating a website?
how would i use the timeline?
the site is basically a presentation of a paintball team so it would have some text but mostly fotos and i want it all to appear within a circle that represents the team's logo and the navigation would appear as links around the circle

ps.i've got flash mx

zarathustra
Dec 21, 2005, 08:40 AM
I think you are doing yourself a disservice by trying to build a pure flash site before you really know Flash. Besides, I would NOT recommend building a pure flash site anyway.

You'd do much better by building a nice, stable html&css based site and splicing in flash elements to make them "pretty" or "cool". The reason i put those in quotes is because I hate it when people say that they want to use flash because it is prettier when the navigation throbs and animates. gag.

This is no to belittle your capabilities as a designer, but I recommend building a nice html site first, and then thinking where it would make sense to put some flash in.

sk3pt1c
Dec 21, 2005, 09:08 AM
the thing is i want to make this thing all with flash to give me an opportunity to learn flash, i just need some pointers as to how i should go about starting it
and what i asked in the first post

robx2
Dec 21, 2005, 11:00 AM
Nothing personal, but with the questions you're asking, it doesn't look like you "have the basics down". Answering your questions would take more space than this forum would allow. In a nutshell though, you can make each frame on the timeline a "page" on your website. You could then code the buttons to move to the appropriate page, i.e. frame on the timeline. So if you had a page called meet the team, you could design it on frame 2. Then have a script like:
team_btn.onRelease = function() {
gotoAndStop(2);
}

But I think the other poster was right. If you just want to use some cool Flash effects, you're better off building in HTML with Flash elements.

sk3pt1c
Dec 21, 2005, 12:32 PM
ok,thanks a lot guys

just a question please!!!!

how do i find the mac address of my mac? :)

on my pc i opened the prompt and wrote ipconfig /all

what do i do in the terminal?

zarathustra
Dec 21, 2005, 02:04 PM
netstat -i

if you need to know how to display specific info, type:

man netstat

which will bring up the manual for this command, explaining all the options.