Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
hi there
i'm trying to make a website on flash because i decided that dreamweaver would not work for the effects that i want to create
i am completely new to flash and i went through the lessons and the tutorials
i got the basics down
but
since i am not going to create a movie that has a start and an end
how exactly do i go about creating a website?
how would i use the timeline?
the site is basically a presentation of a paintball team so it would have some text but mostly fotos and i want it all to appear within a circle that represents the team's logo and the navigation would appear as links around the circle

ps.i've got flash mx

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
I think you are doing yourself a disservice by trying to build a pure flash site before you really know Flash. Besides, I would NOT recommend building a pure flash site anyway.

You'd do much better by building a nice, stable html&css based site and splicing in flash elements to make them "pretty" or "cool". The reason i put those in quotes is because I hate it when people say that they want to use flash because it is prettier when the navigation throbs and animates. gag.

This is no to belittle your capabilities as a designer, but I recommend building a nice html site first, and then thinking where it would make sense to put some flash in.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
the thing is i want to make this thing all with flash to give me an opportunity to learn flash, i just need some pointers as to how i should go about starting it
and what i asked in the first post

robx2

macrumors member
May 27, 2005
Nothing personal, but with the questions you're asking, it doesn't look like you "have the basics down". Answering your questions would take more space than this forum would allow. In a nutshell though, you can make each frame on the timeline a "page" on your website. You could then code the buttons to move to the appropriate page, i.e. frame on the timeline. So if you had a page called meet the team, you could design it on frame 2. Then have a script like:
team_btn.onRelease = function() {
gotoAndStop(2);
}

But I think the other poster was right. If you just want to use some cool Flash effects, you're better off building in HTML with Flash elements.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
ok,thanks a lot guys

just a question please!!!!

how do i find the mac address of my mac? :)

on my pc i opened the prompt and wrote ipconfig /all

what do i do in the terminal?

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
netstat -i

if you need to know how to display specific info, type:

man netstat

which will bring up the manual for this command, explaining all the options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.