Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I've made a tiny review

Sorry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
Glad to hear they've fixed the safari issue. Not a fan of the jiggly control center. Love your accent. :)

mouthster

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks for your review - I am looking forward to iOS 7.1.

This might be obvious by now but do you know if they fixed the glitchy animation when you 5-finger swipe out of an app (equivalent of hittin the home button)?

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for your review - I am looking forward to iOS 7.1.

This might be obvious by now but do you know if they fixed the glitchy animation when you 5-finger swipe out of an app (equivalent of hittin the home button)?

It has been fixed! :)

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks fr the review... Oh, and your English is stellar!!

Glad to hear they are working on safari!

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Glad to see things getting fixed and working much better, thanks for the video review ;-)

Adam.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Maybe iOS 7.1 unlocks the second GB of hidden ram. :p

Yeah riiight. But may be it will unlock Compressed Memory - a feature currently exclusive to Mavericks. If you look into Diagnostics logs, the LowMemory logs have some stats for memory compressor. I wonder if this feature was not ready for simultaneous iOS7/Mavericks launch but Apple left it in iOS7 unannounced to gather diagnostic data. It's quite possible that it's the buggy memory compressor that caused all these Safari crashes, tab reloads, and respringing.

Here ya go folks - a new rumor! :D

Yahooligan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2011
Illinois
Yeah riiight. But may be it will unlock Compressed Memory - a feature currently exclusive to Mavericks. If you look into Diagnostics logs, the LowMemory logs have some stats for memory compressor. I wonder if this feature was not ready for simultaneous iOS7/Mavericks launch but Apple left it in iOS7 unannounced to gather diagnostic data. It's quite possible that it's the buggy memory compressor that caused all these Safari crashes, tab reloads, and respringing.

Here ya go folks - a new rumor! :D

Er, my Air does compressed memory. :confused: You say "unlock" as if it's not there, then say it's there but maybe it's buggy. Which do you mean? :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 9.03.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 9.03.01 PM.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 4,305

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Er, my Air does compressed memory. :confused: You say "unlock" as if it's not there, then say it's there but maybe it's buggy. Which do you mean? :)

I mean, afaik, Apple never announced compressed memory as a feature of iOS, only of Mavericks. True or false? So, yes, I'm implying that it's already in iOS 7 (maybe only on 64-bit devices, though), just not ready for public announcement.

Last edited:

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for that! I cannot wait to see more of the under-the-hood improvements in iOS 7.1 when it's released! :D

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
In your video OP you claim it's impossible to have five tabs open on the ipad air / retina mini without reloading, and yet here I am with an ipad mini 2 + safari + 5 tabs open and no reloading when I flick back and forth. So what exactly has been changed ?

And as others have said your English is great, so don't apologise for it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.