Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeremyC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have been a longtime reader of the forum and was hoping a developer could help me out.

I'm a novice ios developer and have been developing an iPad app for the past year, now with iOS7 this bug has appeared but I can't seem to figure it out.

Basically the keyboard, pop-ups, camera roll and some other things rotate in oddly. I have found that activating 'reduce motion' in the accessibility setting fixes the issue - however obviously I can't rely on that.

Here is a video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gWrQiDySZw

If anyone knows the solution, I will be forever grateful as it's slowly driving me insane.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Wow, how the hell have you done that? seems like it will be something to do with UIMotion or UIDynamic introduced with iOS 7, from my quit tests only UIMotion is disables with reduced motion, ui dynamics is not.

Are you using either of these in your app?

JeremyC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Thank you for the response DannyBres! Nowhere in my code am I using either of those classes, this is so weird! :confused:

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
it is insanely weird. try the apple forums?

can you start a new project and slowly build you app from scratch until the bug reappears and then you will know what is causing the issue.

zmanfx

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Hit CMD-T or use Debug Menu > Toggle Slow Animations.

Do anything? Seems odd that the keyboard could be manipulated that way in code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.