PDA

View Full Version : deliting videos from my iPod

dadopic
Dec 21, 2005, 11:05 PM
Hi,
how do I delete videos from my new iPod video 5th gen.?
I tried to delete the videos from itunes and hoping the ipod would act the same but it didn't and the files are still in the ipod.
I went trought the preferences of the ipod but I just can't figure this out.
please tel me.

TNKS

Chundles
Dec 21, 2005, 11:15 PM
Hi,
how do I delete videos from my new iPod video 5th gen.?
I tried to delete the videos from itunes and hoping the ipod would act the same but it didn't and the files are still in the ipod.
I went trought the preferences of the ipod but I just can't figure this out.
please tel me.

TNKS

Open iTunes. Make sure your iPod preferences are set to manually update. Click on the iPod source icon. Navigate to the video. Click on it. Press delete.

dadopic
Dec 21, 2005, 11:21 PM
thanks!
I tried that and yes it is set to manual, but when I go and click on video everything in grayed out and even if it wasn't, there is not such a thing as a delete button.
I am on a mac, perhaps on a PC itunes interface is different....

Chundles
Dec 21, 2005, 11:28 PM
thanks!
I tried that and yes it is set to manual, but when I go and click on video everything in grayed out and even if it wasn't, there is not such a thing as a delete button.
I am on a mac, perhaps on a PC itunes interface is different....

So am I, read the sig. What are the video settings in your iPod preferences? You might want to set them to auto sync then it should delete from the iPod when you delete from iTunes.

Chundles
Dec 21, 2005, 11:29 PM
As for the "Delete button" it's a delete key. It's on your keyboard.

dadopic
Dec 22, 2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks!So if I do change to uato sync, it will reflect all the changes that I do to iTunes, nit just the videos , but also all the music and playlists, everything will be just like itunes, is that right?

thanks much!
:)

Chundles
Dec 22, 2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks!So if I do change to uato sync, it will reflect all the changes that I do to iTunes, nit just the videos , but also all the music and playlists, everything will be just like itunes, is that right?

thanks much!
:)

If you change the sync option in just the video preferences part of your iPod preferences it should be fine. Don't change it to totally auto sync, just the videos.

dadopic
Dec 22, 2005, 06:33 PM
that would be great because I usually upload music into itunes then copy them to ipod and then erase them from itunes.
but I just went to the preference panel in itunes and under ipod I got 3 opitions to chose from one automatically update all songs and playlists
two automatically update selected playlists only and third (what I currently have selected) manually manage songs and playlists.
I don't see how I can automatically update just the videos....
when I click on videos the autatic options are greid out, all of them...
what am I missing?

thanks

:confused:

dadopic
Dec 24, 2005, 10:16 AM
Anybody can give me an answer, please?