Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
So here is the story
2013 MBA - 2-3 months old bought from an approved reseller.
Working fine for a month whilst I was travelling, but I noticed a display defect. Brought it back to shop they replaced the screen. When they gave it back to me they had damaged the bottom case through handling so I didnt' accept it back and they repaired the bottom case also. Anyhow thats all fine.

Then few days after I got it back it when nuts on me. Shutting down, fans spinning up, battery not recognised, time forgotten etc. Brought it back to them and they kept it for 4 or 5 days, did an SMC reset and tested the battery and found nothing. By this time I'm getting quite pissed off I must say.

Anyhow gave it back to me having done nothing more than an SMC reset. For a short time it behaved. Although I noticed it occasionally forgot the time. Today it then repeatedly shut itself down on battery, would not start without power cord. I did an SMC reset to no avail. Anyhow I was all set to bring it back to shop and it started working again. No point bringing it back now whilst it works.

In typing this message it happened once more and I am finishing it out on battery (amazingly it remembered what I had typed before it shut down!?!?!)

I will bring it to them now - but if I get there and it is working again - what do I do ?

----------

....and of course it works again now........argh. No point bringing it in with nothing to show them

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.