Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGirl21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
hello

so ive had Mac G5 OS X 10.8.5 for a couple of years it works fine and then around 2 months ago i wasnt able to listen to music in stores such as

http://www.myflashstore.net/

but now i am unable to listen to anyones music player. i am able to watch youtube videos so not sure why i cant listen to music here anymore.

the player fails to upload

hope someone can help

stroked

Suspended
May 3, 2010
You have OSX 10.5.8, and your flash player is outdated. Your Mac is too old for the newest Flash player.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
As stated, your Flash plugin is outdated. And Adobe is never going to update it for PowerPC Macs.

Your G5 is a PowerPC Mac obviously.

The best you can do is install a "modified" plugin that tricks sites into thinking you have the latest version of Flash when you don't

Download this and install it here: Macintosh HD>Libary>Internet Plugins. Be sure to move the old plugin somewhere safe first.

Note that the internet Flash era has passed PowerPC by. This means that even with this modified plugin your viewing/listening experience probably won't be the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.