PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on AUdiobooks and CD's

john159
Dec 22, 2005, 03:53 PM
I want to buy and audio book for my mother for xmas, she does not have an ipod... can i burn the 18 hr long audiofile to multiple CDS... how does that work... am i able to burn them?

croshtique
Dec 22, 2005, 04:00 PM
If it's an audio book bought from Audible or iTMS; then it should burn each chapter as a separate track, and prompt you to insert extra disc(s) as necessary. (I haven't tried this with a very long audiobook, but iTunes does ask for extra CDs if your playlist is too long for one disc)

puckhead193
Dec 23, 2005, 08:11 PM
i have a question on audiobooks, how does it download... as one big file or in chapters as tracks... :confused:
if i buy the audio CD and important in itunes how will it come out...
:confused:

which would be better i plan on following along in the book while it plays... thanks

puckhead193
Dec 24, 2005, 12:56 PM
anyone:confused: :o

croshtique
Dec 24, 2005, 04:22 PM
If an Audiobook is quite large it will probably download in two or more tracks; each track chapterised.

If you buy the CD you can pretty much import it how you want using the "join tracks" option.

balamw
Dec 24, 2005, 05:30 PM
If you buy the CD you can pretty much import it how you want using the "join tracks" option.
I have yet to buy any audiobooks from iTMS/Audible, except for those that have been offered free. So I can't really comment about that.

One thing I prefer about CDs is that you can actually resell them when you are done with the book and you can also often buy them real cheap on Amazon or eBay. Unlike music, I rarely get the urge to relisten to an audiobook. Works out much cheaper in the long run than iTMS or Audible, even with Audible Listener.

Another previous thread on a similar topic, which includes the recipe I used to rip the latest Harry Potter CDs. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=161839. This is particulalry useful since Join Tracks doesn't work from one CD to the next.

B