PDA

View Full Version : MovieCutter's perpetual garage sale. iPods, cameras, lots of DVDs!!!

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 05:30 PM
Well, I've got a car to pay off before graduation and a bucnh of gear to sell. Here's the list: NO TRADES

Dad's old iPod 40GB 4th Gen. Got him a new one so he obviously doesn't need this anymore. Battery and hard drive are great. Little scuffed on the back like any iPod that is used. It is engraved on the back and says "Dad's iPod" If you're a father...cool. if not, put it in a case and cover it up or do a brushed steel mod...I don't care. Comes with earbuds (unused), USB 2.0 Cable, FW Cable, FW Power Adapter, Dock, and a light blue leather inCase case (take it or leave it) $200 shipped, obo.

Canon ZR200 digital camcorder. Got this as a temporary backup while my other camera was getting fixed, but never really needed to use it. Bought about a month and a half ago. I am still trying to locate the power adapter and battery charger (my place is a mess right now)...$250 shipped obo.

Shure E4c's, fantastic headphones, I'm upgrading to the E5c for "Atheists give people gifts because everyone else does" day. Comes with original box+included unused earplugs...$200 shipped.

Seagate 400GB 7200RPM Barracude SATA Drive (((((SOLD))))

Mighty Mouse that came with my Quad. I have a Logitech Laser mouse and I don't need this. Never used...((SOLD))

Sony MiniDisc player I used for a semester for radio news. Never took it anywhere, I think I paid around $100 for it. $50 shipped obo

USB WiFI adapter. Works great with PCs and Tivos. Used it with my Tivo, got rid of Tivo, don't need this anymore. $15 shipped obo. ((SOLD)))

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick. Never really needed it, bought it used a while back. $10 shipped obo

Some pics to hold you over for a while...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81273518@N00/?saved=1

Canon SD500 7.1MP digital camera. I love this camera, but I just never use it. I'll get a RebelXT once my labrador puppy comes in February. Comes with original box, accessories. $300 shipped.

I've got about 200 DVDs I am getting rid of. I'll post a list soon. Pics to come. Email (moviecutter (at) mac (dot) com) or PM me with questions. Thanks!

Update #1: Logitech MX900 Bluetooth wireless mouse. Used with my Power Mac until I got MX100 laser mouse. <<<SOLD>>>.

Update #2: Used iLife '05 and iWork '05, $50 shipped for the both of them or $30 shipped each.

Update #3: Final Cut Pro 4 full version (NOT EDU), can be used to upgrade to full FCP Studio for $699. Looking to get $150 shipped

Final Cut Production Studio (EDU VERSION) comes with FCP HD, DVD Studio Pro 3, Motion 1.0. Looking for $200 shipped.

ATI Radeon 9800XT pulled from Dual 2.5Ghz G5, works great. G5 ONLY!!!. Not sure what these go for, so I'll throw out $300 or best offer, note the "or best off part".

doucy2
Dec 22, 2005, 05:51 PM
price on the SD500
and some pics of it and pics the have been taken with it if possible

XIII
Dec 22, 2005, 05:56 PM
May well be interested in the Canon SD500 when its up if the price is good. Will UK shipping be an option?

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 06:06 PM
Flickr link updated with SD500 self portrait. Looking for around $300 shipped in the US obo. UK would have to pay the extra.Comes with original box, charger, and battery which has lasted me the last 6 months with 2 charges.

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 06:14 PM
Flickr link updated again with iPod mini pics. Silver iPod mini 4GB, 1st Gen with accessories (once I find them) $110 shipped.

GreenLightning
Dec 22, 2005, 06:27 PM
Flickr link updated again with iPod mini pics. Silver iPod mini 4GB, 1st Gen with accessories (once I find them) $110 shipped.
yeah, i'm interested in the ipod mini

ebay ref: tranjid

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
yeah, i'm interested in the ipod mini

ebay ref: tranjid

Ok lightning, give me a couple days to gather accessories. You have dibs unless you let me know otherwise. Thanks.

macbaseball
Dec 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
Do you have an estimate of when the DVD list will be up?

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
Probably have a partial list in about an hour.

GreenLightning
Dec 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
Ok lightning, give me a couple days to gather accessories. You have dibs unless you let me know otherwise. Thanks.
awesome

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 07:14 PM
Here's the MASTER LIST. VERY IMPORTANT. If you want a DVD, email me with Subject: MacRumors DVD and what you want and your address. I will respond with paypal address. It is going to be difficult to sell 200 DVD's but bear with me, we'll get through it. All discs will be shipped via USPS. ALL DVDs are DVDs and are WIDESCREEN (I'm a stingy film buff, I don't buy Pan N Scan crap). I never watched half of them more than once, and they do come with cases.

All discs are $8 shipped unless otherwise specified:

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
About A Boy
Air Force One
Amelie
Angela’s Ashes
Austin Powers
Austin Powers 2; The Spy Who Shagged me
Back to the Future Trilogy ($20)
A Beautiful Mind
Bend it Like Beckham (BB)
Behind Enemy Lines (BB)
Best in Show
Black Hawk Down
Big Fish
Blade Runner
Bowling for Columbine
Cast Away
Catch Me If You Can
Chronicles of Riddick (BB)
Clear And Present Danger
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Cold Mountain
Count of Monte Cristo
The Devil’s Own
Dogma (first edition)
Down With Love (BB)
Drumline
Fahrenheit 9/11
The Family Man
Fifth Element
Finding Forrester
The Green Mile
Hannibal
Hidalgo (BB)
Independence Day (5 star collection) ($10)
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Jurassic Park (4Disc) ($30)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 ((DIBS))
Kill Bill Vol. 2 ((DIBS))
King Arthur (Unrated)
A Knight’s Tale
The Last Samurai
Legally Blonde
Master and Commander (Collectors edition) ($15)
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
A Mighty Wind
Miracle
The Mummy Returns
My Best Friend’s Wedding
Mystic River
Notting Hill
Ocean’s 12
The Odyssey
Patriot Games
The Patriot
Pearl Harbor (Director’s Cut)
The Perfect Storm
Road to Perdition
Royal Tenenbaums
Runaway Bride
Rush Hour 1 ((DIBS))
Rush Hour 2
Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn)
Schindler’s List
School of Rock
Sleepy Hollow
Something’s Gotta Give
Spider Man 1
Tarzan
Tears of the Sun
Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles 2
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Terminal
Troy
Under the Tuscan Sun
A Walk to Remember
Whale Rider
What Women Want
Zoolander ((DIBS))

wnameth
Dec 22, 2005, 07:34 PM
I am def interested in oceans 11 its DVD right, widescreen or full?

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 07:36 PM
I am def interested in oceans 11 its DVD right, widescreen or full?

All DVD's are widescreen. I don't own any VHS tapes.

wnameth
Dec 22, 2005, 07:38 PM
All DVD's are widescreen. I don't own any VHS tapes.
can i get back to yea, i will see if i have 8$ left in my account on saterday after i buy the ipod, can you hold it until then?

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 07:39 PM
can i get back to yea, i will see if i have 8$ left in my account on saterday after i buy the ipod, can you hold it until then?

Sure thing

skoker
Dec 22, 2005, 08:09 PM
I'll take the TiVo adaptor. PM me your PayPal address :D

macbaseball
Dec 22, 2005, 08:16 PM
I sent you a PM.

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 08:22 PM
Got it, replied

applekid
Dec 22, 2005, 09:15 PM
The DVD's are in good to mint condition and include cases, right?

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 09:20 PM
The DVD's are in good to mint condition and include cases, right?

Yes, I never watched half of them more than once, and they do come with cases.

wiggy4ever
Dec 22, 2005, 09:21 PM
in your picture, i noticed that you had the 24 season discs, are those for sale as well, id be very interested in the season 2 discs, thnx

MovieCutter
Dec 22, 2005, 09:22 PM
in your picture, i noticed that you had the 24 season discs, are those for sale as well, id be very interested in the season 2 discs, thnx

Unfortunately, my girlfriend is a huge Kiefer Sutherland/24 fan, so I won't be selling those. I have excluded 24+Band of Brothers+Star Wars movies+Indiana Jones Trilogy from the list. I just can't part with those. Tooo good.

wiggy4ever
Dec 22, 2005, 09:26 PM
damn, alright thnx anyway, i have seasons 1 and 3, i just need to get season 2 first b4 i watch 3 again :(

XIII
Dec 23, 2005, 09:27 AM
What are the accessories included with the SD500? Also, is that price negotiable? You can get one for $283.95 refurb.. (http://www.refurbdepot.com/productdetails2.cfm?Product_ID=4111&refererid=froogle)

Thanks.

MovieCutter
Dec 23, 2005, 10:06 AM
The accessories are the ones that came with a camera (battery, charger, writst strap, etc.) and a leather Canon SD500 camera case(one made specifically for this model). The thing is practically new, so I'd like to stick around $300 for now. I may include a 512MB Sandisk Extreme SD card.

XIII
Dec 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll consider it.

yellow
Dec 23, 2005, 10:35 AM
i have a bigger selling thread than you

?? What's the point of saying this?

macmanmatty
Dec 23, 2005, 03:09 PM
I'll offer 172 shipped for the 40 gb ipod if you still have it

MovieCutter
Dec 29, 2005, 04:01 PM
All sales thus far have shipped. iPod 40GB is ready for shipment for whoever wants it.

ftored
Dec 30, 2005, 02:53 AM
You have pm mate!

MovieCutter
Dec 30, 2005, 02:41 PM
List updated, DVDs shipped, PM's replied. Keep em coming folks. I want these DVDs GONE!!! (tuition's a bitch)

skoker
Dec 30, 2005, 02:47 PM
List updated, DVDs shipped, PM's replied. Keep em coming folks. I want these DVDs GONE!!! (tuition's a bitch)

I thought you shipped out my TiVo thing a while ago, still not here :(. Where are you shipping from?

aquajet
Dec 30, 2005, 03:02 PM
Is the mighty mouse still available?

MovieCutter
Dec 30, 2005, 04:53 PM
I thought you shipped out my TiVo thing a while ago, still not here :(. Where are you shipping from?

I shipped it out on Tuesday, Friday and Monday were a mess (day before christmas rush and day after christmas rush), sorry for the delay. You should get it be early next week. All orders have been shipped though.

MovieCutter
Dec 30, 2005, 04:53 PM
Is the mighty mouse still available?

Yes

aquajet
Dec 30, 2005, 09:36 PM
MovieCutter, PM sent about the mighty mouse

ftored
Dec 31, 2005, 01:50 AM
Did you get my pm with m y address for the ipod??

Graeme
Dec 31, 2005, 04:35 AM
Your DVD list says shipping via USPS, are you shipping to Canada as well?

-Graeme

dylangurl21
Dec 31, 2005, 10:05 AM
I'm is the mighty mouse still available?

MovieCutter
Dec 31, 2005, 10:34 AM
MovieCutter, PM sent about the mighty mouse

Replied

I'm is the mighty mouse still available?

There is a deal pending right now. I'll update you if it falls through.

Your DVD list says shipping via USPS, are you shipping to Canada as well?

Sure

Did you get my pm with m y address for the ipod??

Yes, I'm looking into that and I'll get back to you soon.

MovieCutter
Jan 2, 2006, 07:12 PM
PMs replid. ftored, I'd like to stay within the U.S. for now (It's like $40 to ship the thing), I'll let you know if things change. List updated.

rickvanr
Jan 2, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'll take Donnie Darko for $8 shipped.

mjstew33
Jan 2, 2006, 08:07 PM
Is the camcorder still available? If so I'm EXTREMELY interested.

MovieCutter
Jan 2, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'll take Donnie Darko for $8 shipped.

Sorry, someone beat you by 10 minutes.

MovieCutter
Jan 2, 2006, 08:20 PM
Is the camcorder still available? If so I'm EXTREMELY interested.

It is, I just need to get the power adapter and I can ship it out. I'll let you know when I find it. You can have Dibs if you wish.

iDM
Jan 3, 2006, 01:33 PM
Well I bought 3 DVD's on the 25th. I understand that you couldn't mail on the 25th or 26th. So if you shipped USPS on the 27th like you said you did wouldn't it arrive by the latest on the 30th? (Since they guarantee 2-3 day shipping on priority?) I guess my question is where are you shipping from? I can only hope it's Anchorage or Homer, AK. I hope my package arrives tomorrow since that will be 6 USPS working says since you said you shipped my order. Assuming that the post office was closed the 26th and the 2nd it still should have arrived 3 business days earlier. Did you ship Media Mail?

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I shipped them via Media Mail days ago. I'm shipping from Milwaukee, so they should be there by now. USPS was closed yesterday as well, so that may add to the delay.

Counterfit
Jan 3, 2006, 04:16 PM
What versions of Blade Runner and Good Will Hunting are you selling?

iDM
Jan 3, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I shipped them via Media Mail days ago. I'm shipping from Milwaukee, so they should be there by now. USPS was closed yesterday as well, so that may add to the delay.

Im sorry about jumping to conclusions i realized you may have shipped it media mail after i wrote the post, i am crossing my fingers it comes tomorrow cause even though they say media mail can take up to two weeks it rarely does.

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2006, 07:20 PM
Im sorry about jumping to conclusions i realized you may have shipped it media mail after i wrote the post, i am crossing my fingers it comes tomorrow cause even though they say media mail can take up to two weeks it rarely does.

That's ok, I've never had a problem with Media Mail, mostly takes about 5-7 days. Hopefully tomorrow though.

skoker
Jan 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
I got the Tivo adaptor today, all seems good so far, all in all a good transaction except seller shipped 4 days after promised :(

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2006, 08:10 PM
SOrry, I'm having issues with the Post Office apparantley. I just started a new job and a new class, so squeezing the post office in between is getting tough. Bear with me folks. Thanks to those who have so far.

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2006, 08:26 PM
Ladies and Gents, this is proving to be a monumental task with requests constantly coming in. I would ask that if you Paypal money for DVDs, put the titles of the movies you are paying for in the notes section. I think I shipped out some DVDs that someone never bought, there are also some situations of overlapping requests in which case I have to go with whoever got to me first, if you paid for a DVD that is not available even though I said it was, I'll refund you what you paid for it. So if anybody got SPiderman 2 and didn't pay for it or got the wrong movies, let me know and we'll work it out. Everyone will get what they paid for or they will get a refund if something went wrong...no worries. I'm trying to juggle a number of things right now so I apologize for any inconveniences. Uggg, I'm glad I'll never have to sell 200 DVDs ever again.

iDM
Jan 5, 2006, 05:16 PM
I received the dvds and they are all as described(wide screen and in good condition) and were the ones that I ordered (Garden State, Hunt for Red October and Pirates of the Caribbean hope that helps organize you). Thanks MovieCutter

macbaseball
Jan 5, 2006, 07:03 PM
I received the DVD's as promised. There was a slight mix up, but Moviecutter sorted it out. He was more than generous. Thanks.

r6girl
Jan 9, 2006, 12:15 AM
Ladies and Gents, this is proving to be a monumental task with requests constantly coming in. I would ask that if you Paypal money for DVDs, put the titles of the movies you are paying for in the notes section. I think I shipped out some DVDs that someone never bought, there are also some situations of overlapping requests in which case I have to go with whoever got to me first, if you paid for a DVD that is not available even though I said it was, I'll refund you what you paid for it. So if anybody got SPiderman 2 and didn't pay for it or got the wrong movies, let me know and we'll work it out. Everyone will get what they paid for or they will get a refund if something went wrong...no worries. I'm trying to juggle a number of things right now so I apologize for any inconveniences. Uggg, I'm glad I'll never have to sell 200 DVDs ever again.

sending you a pm to check status on the dvd's for which i sent payment on 12/29...

MovieCutter
Jan 9, 2006, 08:06 AM
sending you a pm to check status on the dvd's for which i sent payment on 12/29...

PM sent.

reyrey11
Jan 10, 2006, 10:39 AM
Do you still have this for sale? Let me know as I would get it providing that it works well with macs.

MovieCutter
Jan 10, 2006, 02:14 PM
Yes, it is still available and works beautifully with Macs. Let me know.

reyrey11
Jan 10, 2006, 04:34 PM
Ok I have two questions about it. First is how do you like it. I am a beginner and this would be my first camcorder. I want it to have fun with basically. i have heard mixed reviews about this camera, what is you opinion. Second would you be willing to sell this for $200. Do you have any cord or accessories for this. Thanks! Let me if 200 would be possible.

MovieCutter
Jan 10, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ok I have two questions about it. First is how do you like it. I am a beginner and this would be my first camcorder. I want it to have fun with basically. i have heard mixed reviews about this camera, what is you opinion. Second would you be willing to sell this for $200. Do you have any cord or accessories for this. Thanks! Let me if 200 would be possible.

Honestly, I've barely used it. I usually use high end professional cameras. I initially bought this to capture tape into my Power Mac while my GL-2 was getting cleaned and repaired (which took about two weeks). I have all the accessories (which have never been opened or used) and will be receiving a replacement power cord in the next few days. I'll meet you in the middle on price at $225 shipped. Let me know

reyrey11
Jan 10, 2006, 05:26 PM
what is your email to discuss the transaction process. I am gonna go try and check out this camcorer at the store and then I will let you know. I am extremely interested in it so please let me know before you sell it to anybody else. I will let you know by at least 9 central time. Thanks!

BlueRevolution
Jan 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
if - ahh - all the other deals fall through on that camcorder I'd be interested in it. send me a PM if it comes to that. I'd like to see a short video clip shot with it before buying though, just to get an idea of quality.

reyrey11
Jan 10, 2006, 08:24 PM
I didnt get to check it out, but will do so in the am. I will write you tomorrow morning. Thanks!

macbaseball
Jan 10, 2006, 08:39 PM
I received the DVD's as promised. There was a slight mix up, but Moviecutter sorted it out. He was more than generous. Thanks.

Received the replacement DVD's. Deal is complete.

MovieCutter
Jan 13, 2006, 11:10 PM
Finally caught up. ALL DVDs sold are shipped, list is updated, so there shouldn't be any overlap. THanks to those who have been patient with a mere mortal. ZR200 still available, iPod 40GB still available, SD500 still available.

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2006, 01:23 AM
Updated with iLife and iWork '05.

macmanmatty
Jan 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
Is the ipod still for sale??

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2006, 12:30 PM
The 40GB is yes.

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
Updated with 9800 XT graphica card, FCP4 retail, and Production Suite edu.

ipacmm
Jan 15, 2006, 07:44 PM
will the 9800 XT work on a PM G4?

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2006, 08:07 PM
No, G5 only.

ipacmm
Jan 15, 2006, 08:15 PM
No, G5 only.

too bad. do you have anyother card that would work on a G4?

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
Nope

mrgreen4242
Jan 17, 2006, 03:24 PM
MovieCutter, I sent you a PM a couple days ago regarding the MX900 mouse... is it still available?

Thanks!

MovieCutter
Jan 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
Replied.

trudd
Jan 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
DVDs received two weeks after order was confirmed. Conditions are overall good - minimal scratching. Would definitely deal with in the future if speedy delivery was not necessary.