Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Back in my Windows days, I used PaintShop Pro, which had a button called "one-step photo fix" or something like that. It corrected the exposure, color, sharpness all in one go. I have not been able to find anything like that for OS X. Anyone?

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Use iPhoto (Apple's free photo editing app). Import image into iPhoto and use "Auto Enhance".

Should do the trick.

~ Peter

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
Different apps have different names for auto-correct. But in reality there is not a single fix that gets the best out of each image. It should be considered a starting point and sometimes you will find it may not even be the right starting point.

In LR I use AUTO on the Development tab. It generally blows the exposure so I have to reset that. But tone and color are pretty good so I leave those and then move on to other adjustments that get me the image I visualized when I pressed my shutter button.

But if what you are working on are snapshots, then by all means the "auto" fix may be all that is needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.