Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I've hardly even noticed autocorrect in prior versions of OS X, but today I've had to fight with autocorrect several times. Either I've been typing odder words than usual today (I don't think so...) or autocorrect got a lot more aggressive with OS X 10.9.1.

Is anyone else noticing it or is it just me?

I liked autocorrect before... it would fix things like hte (the). That's a real mistake that's easy to make on a real, physical keyboard. Most things on a physical keyboard aren't mistakes, though, so autocorrect should rarely kick in. People don't make mistakes on physical keyboards like they do on virtual keyboards (IE, iOS) - because they can feel that they're hitting the right keys (assuming they can touch type, of course.) Most mistakes from touch-typists are either spelling mistakes or mistakes where you were using both hands for one word and one hand got ahead of the other (like what frequently happens in words with th - the th becomes ht because your right hand moved slightly quicker than your left hand.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.