PDA

View Full Version : Nano makeover

prp134
Dec 23, 2005, 12:21 AM
Im a little upset at Mac for making the nano so fragile and easy to stratch, so Im wondering if I can send my nano to apple and have them replace the front and back faceplate because I dont like them anymore, they're UGLY!!!!!

So does anyone know if I can do this? or some form of this?

OutThere
Dec 23, 2005, 12:47 AM
Dear Apple:

I don't like this anymore. Please give me a new one. I know I only paid for one iPod, but it got scratched, so you should give me a new one. Because I said so.

Kthxbye

EricNau
Dec 23, 2005, 12:52 AM
Nope.

Apple won't even replace your computer's display with a dead/stuck pixel. It requires atleast 3-4. If you iPod still works, it is going to stay ugly.

Sorry. :(

840quadra
Dec 23, 2005, 12:57 AM
Well if you stop putting it in your pocket with keys, coins, diamonds and daggers, you would be fine. ;)

iPods get scratches, they always have, and unless they start making them from Diamond, they always will.

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&dateline=1127904880&type=profile
nano owner since week two

After G
Dec 23, 2005, 01:10 AM
the front: novus plastic polish, $25
the back: can of brasso, $4
add two to three hours of time...
and bam, new nano!

for the record, i saved my money and live with the scratches.
but my roommate couldn't stand scratches, so he did this.

<being silly>
You can't hear scratches with the stock earbuds. You'll need to upgrade the headphones first.
</end silliness>

Deepdale
Dec 23, 2005, 02:58 AM
Im a little upset at Mac for making the nano so fragile and easy to scratch ...

While there are probably many consumers who share similar concerns about the thin design and delicate nature, you should probably wait until new models are released and hope those issues are no longer so prominent. When I saw it for the first time, I just knew that it was not for me ... thus, my own wait continues.