Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which tablet

• Total voters

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I had a Kindle Fire before the iPad Mini came out. It was nice for the price. I gave it to my dad when the Mini came out and he's been using it ever since.

Although, the software has changed since the first model, and I got my brother the HD version that followed. The thing is, they don't give you power adapters for these things anymore, so my brother never uses his because he doesn't have a computer to charge it on.

My dad also wasn't very happy with the new software when he played with it one day. It probably has to do with how much it looks like a storefront than just a plain-o tablet these days.

My dad doesn't actually use his now that his work gave him a MacBook Pro even. He's pretty excited that they're going to give him an iPad next.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I've got an Air a retina mini and Kindle 7" HDX.

They are all very good and I use them all at different times.

If I had to choose only one then it would be the Air. The other two
are just nice to have.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
the iPad is not a mac

His point was you're posting a poll on a site where most people are Mac/iPad people. It's like going on a Dodge forum and asking what car is better; Dodge, Ford, or Chevy. Pretty sure Dodge would win on that forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
His point was you're posting a poll on a site where most people are Mac/iPad people.

Thanks!:D

Your post said it for me. Everything I could think of to respond would have led to being Banned!

For better or worse...you saved me...:D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Very limited choices of tablets to choose from in this poll.

I have an iPad Air and Nexus which should be on the list as well.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Thats what i was going to say. No Nexus 7? We have two of those and a Yoga 11s. Only reason i dont have a Surface Pro is because the price was too high and the battery life sucked on the first gen.

Also that new LG GPad 8.3" tablet looks like a good one too. Very limited choices listed. Not a very well thought out poll.

So i cant answer because i have neither of those listed.

Last edited:

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I had been using an iPad mini since it came out last year, but haven't touched it since receiving my GPe G Pad 8.3. I'll probably end up giving the iPad to my parents.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

No kidding!

Where is the LG G Pad? The Nexus 7 or 10? The Asus Transformer series? Nokia Lumia tablet? Dell Venue tablets? Lenovo Yoga series? Sony XPeria Z tablets? HP Slates? Acer Iconia tablets?

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head that should be in a poll like this.

And I have an iPad Mini and Nexus 7 v2. I use both of them equally, but for different tasks.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I don't have a tablet so I won't vote although I think Surface would be the most useful.

I can't think of anything I'd need an iPad for that I can't comfortably do on my phone or laptop (other than reading, although I don't read a lot of books anymore).

Surface seems like an actual alternative to a laptop where I can download files etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.