Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vulcand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Hi,

I am looking to get a glass screen protector for my iphone 5. After using the taktik extreme case for about 6 months, I find it too bulky for me and I didn't really like the rubberized texture. Now I just need a good glass screen protector to use with a normal case but I'm not sure which offers the highest level of protection.

I've heard Armorz Stealth Extreme R is the only screen protector that uses gorilla glass, but they are not as well known as glass screen protector brands such as Zagg invisibleSHIELD and spigen Glas.tr. I'm not too familiar with screen protector I've never used one since the taktik case came with built in gorilla glass.

Since I've been using gorilla glass on my old case and never had a single problem with it. Right now I'm leaning towards the Armorz Stealth Extreme R. How does it compare to other glass screen protector? The price for the Armorz is noticeable higher than most other glass screen protector. As far as durability and level of protection, does it justify the extra cost?

Thanks in advance.

JeffiJers

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
U.S.
Bodyguards pure.

36 at an ATT store and 1year worth of replacements + the normal BG warranty.

The coasting on this glass feels slicker and better then the normal I5/s screen.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I just put the iLoome 8H Flex on my iPhone. It's like there isn't anything there.:cool: I don't see a lot of fingerprints either.

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Another vote for Bodyguardz Pure. By far, the BEST screen protector I've ever used.

I love it and regularly recommend it to friends and family.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Best Glass Screen Protector

Personally I chose the Mime feather glass over the iloome for the extra scratch resistance at nearly the same thinness. They have great customer service and actually sent me a free replacement when I botched my first one. No questions asked replacements at 40% off is a perk as well. Also have dealt with them for a return that went very smoothly. Everything I've read about the iloome is positive except for the decrease hardness.

I also had a bodyguardz pure on the 5 for a year (two since it cracked) but it seemed like it would be too thick on the 5s for me. I never actually tried it but I used a metal button on the 5 to make up for the thickness and that wouldn't work for touch id. Great replacement plan and great CS but I don't regret moving onto a thinner protector and even giving up my $13 replacements.

As for Spigen, I like their protectors (have had a regular tR and nano on other devices) but their cost and warranties aren't nearly as good as other companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.