PDA

View Full Version : WTB/TF: MDD copper CPU heatsink

dsharits
Dec 23, 2005, 12:27 PM
I am looking for a copper heatpipe heatsink (see picture) that was found on the dual 1.42 GHz MDD's (and maybe the later 1.25's, I'm not sure). Does anyone happen to have one laying around or know where I could get one? Thanks!

robo74
Dec 23, 2005, 11:24 PM
The Link (http://applepalace.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=224)

Happy Holidays

Rob

RGunner
Dec 24, 2005, 06:35 AM
http://www.smalldog.com/product/44140

dsharits
Dec 24, 2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.smalldog.com/product/44140
Ahh, that's a much more reasonable price than I was seeing elsewhere. Thanks so much.

Blue Velvet
Dec 24, 2005, 11:13 AM
I have one that you can have for free + shipping from the UK.

dsharits
Dec 24, 2005, 11:15 AM
I have one that you can have for free + shipping from the UK.
Sweet! I'll take it! How much for shipping?

Blue Velvet
Dec 24, 2005, 11:21 AM
Sweet! I'll take it! How much for shipping?

Not sure. All the post offices in the UK are closed over the next two days... and of course, it depends on where you live (near Tampa, Florida, I see now) and how quickly you need it.

I'll have to go and check later in the week, get it weighed. It might weigh 1.5-2.5 pounds or so at a guess.

I have a PayPal account and that is the only way I will take reimbursement.

Why don't I need it? I replaced the heatsink and all the fans in my dual 1.42 with a Verax silencing kit... I don't have the mounting screws with it though but it's in good condition. It's been sitting in a drawer for the last year.

PM me with your email address and we'll take it from there. :)

dsharits
Jan 8, 2006, 06:10 PM
Got it! Thanks Blue Velvet! :)

RRack
Mar 29, 2007, 08:17 PM
Hello all...I know this posting is a little old but I'm on the same quest. I've got a G4 MDD dual 1.25 and I'm finally getting around to attach the noise and heat problems. I've got the fans otw and I only need to find the same copper heatsink. You lucked out. It shows that there really are nice people out there. I've tried small dog and the no longer carry it. Anyone possibly have a spare or know where I can get one reasonably?

Thanks much,
Robert

dsharits
Mar 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hello all...I know this posting is a little old but I'm on the same quest. I've got a G4 MDD dual 1.25 and I'm finally getting around to attach the noise and heat problems. I've got the fans otw and I only need to find the same copper heatsink. You lucked out. It shows that there really are nice people out there. I've tried small dog and the no longer carry it. Anyone possibly have a spare or know where I can get one reasonably?

Thanks much,
Robert

I know welovemacs.com still carries them, rather pricey at $90 however. They pop up on ebay every now and then, but I'll keep an eye out if I see one anywhere else.

RRack
Mar 30, 2007, 07:35 AM
Ouch...$90 for a heatsink...Yeah, that's pretty pricey...If you ever see one, please let me know...I'm gonna try and contact the Apple store and see what I can figure out. Someone said to sweet talk em and there may be a chance I can get one.

RGunner
Mar 30, 2007, 07:40 AM
When we purchased ours, it was $79 through SmallDog.

This is the going rate, if you can find one. The Verax kits used to be $300.

RRack
Mar 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
The small dog site says that they no longer carry it. However, I went ahead and sent em an email. Just got a reply. They said that they can order one for $65. That got me to wonering...where do they order them from? Are they ordered from Apple? If there is a penny I can save, I'll do it. All my money is going to my 2 1/2 year old son... ;)