Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I'm not really, but upgrading from my iPad 3 to an Air or rMini is more tempting admittedly, though iOS 6 jailbroken is still bliss.

5S, meh. I had the 5 on ios 6 jb before selling it for a Nexus 5. Still enjoying mah nexus.

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
Just bought a white 5S because of this. Was between the 5S and G2 for the battery life and when I heard the jailbreak was out it was an easy decision.

Aika

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
The iOS6 jailbreak was extremely unreliable on my 3GS so no. As useful as things like BiteSMS, Auxo and flux were it wasn't worth all the crashes and I feel like I can do more with my Nexus 5 using just the Play store.

Besides, a jailbreak isn't going to fix the problem that Apple still don't have an unlocked phone for a competitive price which is the main reason I switched.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
The iOS6 jailbreak was extremely unreliable on my 3GS so no. As useful as things like BiteSMS, Auxo and flux were it wasn't worth all the crashes and I feel like I can do more with my Nexus 5 using just the Play store.

Besides, a jailbreak isn't going to fix the problem that Apple still don't have an unlocked phone for a competitive price which is the main reason I switched.

You raise a good point for that last part.

3GS not working well with iOS 6 jailbreak might have had more to do with 256mb of ram and taking up additional resources than anything. I've kept my 3gs that I use for music in the car on 5.1.1

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I might pick up a used iPod Touch to play around with the jailbreak. Still love Android for my daily driver.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I already own an iPad Air so might jailbreak for fun later on when its more stable. As for the iPhone, still no interest whatsoever.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
My phone - hell no.

If i had a tablet then yes I would be.

Apple makes the best tablets so a jailbreak would be great for giving me the functionality apple should have

itsmeorthedog

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2013
Just used the iOS 7 jailbreak to get battery percentage on my iPod Touch 5.

I've been a long term user of both OS....

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Actually, when I heard about the jailbreak I felt sad and angry.

Sad that there's still need of a jailbreak because of Apple's stupid restrictions and angry because I remembered how disaster it was to have to wait months for it.

Now that I'm on Android I can do much more without having to wait months and then losing everything when a new update comes.

There's this new thing in Android called Xposed framework which is very similar to Cydia. You can customize any ROM without having to install custom ROMS.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
certainly won't be switching to ios platform.
but i will jailbreak my iphone 4.

there are just too many things that cant be done on ios even if its jailbroken.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

Sad that there's still need of a jailbreak because of Apple's stupid restrictions and angry because I remembered how disaster it was to have to wait months for it.

Now that I'm on Android I can do much more without having to wait months and then losing everything when a new update comes.

There's this new thing in Android called Xposed framework which is very similar to Cydia. You can customize any ROM without having to install custom ROMS.

Xposed Framework is really designed for stock firmware, not ROMs already customized.
And there is still a wait for things like Xposed to function after an update (aka KitKat), just not as long as iOS jailbreaks. But there is still a wait.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
With the whole Chinese piracy situation, will definitely wait to jailbreak. Might not even bother.

The Chinese piracy situation wouldn't bother me at all, I would be way, way more concerned about the Chinese malware situation. It's totally out of control for PCs, and iOS will be the next big playground.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Tempted to buy/switch to Apple stuff because of jailbreak.

No. I havent had a temptation for an iPhone in the least for a couple years especially since i got my GS3.
Android for me is just way better and the iPhone is just too tiny. Even if they go to a bigger screen i wont be interested because the OS will still be limited.
Just really love what Android is doing and my Nexus 5 is just a great phone.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Yes but you do need to be rooted and it says it is for the GS4.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Does the jailbreak increase the screen size 1-1.5" ?

Does the jailbreak add wacom digitizer stylus support ?

I don't care about icons, themes. If those two things aren't addressed ill be sticking wid da Note 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.