Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin49093

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I came across someone who was having trouble on craigslist, and thought someone here could give them some advice. Here is the text from the original posting as well as the emails so far...

"I am looking for someone who might be able to solve my Mac problems. I am a graphic designer and am having problems with some of my files. My text is coming out jagged and strange boxes are appearing when I create PDFs. Please contact me for more details."

"I'm using Illustrator 9.0, I believe and I am just saving it as a pdf. It always looks good on screen and when I print with an ink jet printer, but when I print with laser, there are gray boxes around the logo image that I placed in the document. The printer that I am using is also having problems with the gray boxes. Also, wherever there is text over images, the text gets jaggy. I have attached the pdf, which is what I have been working from in Illustrator."

"I think it's flattened. It's all on the same layer. Is there another way to flatten?
I am printing the pdf from acrobat.
It always appears correctly and prints incorrectly on numerous laser printers.
I believe I am running OSX 10.3."

Anyone have any ideas whay this might be happening? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.