Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Ya i just watched it and it was pretty stupid and boring. I kinda like that new samsung add with the eleves and santa acting like steve jobs even though they are advertising the galaxy gear. What about you, I think it is cute but it is kinda copying apple?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbYIiPq8tG0

I would say Santa was acting more like Balmer than Jobs. I also don't see how this is copying Apple in any way.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Knowing where Samsung is from, this reminds me of that late night program where this guy was dispensing financial advice real estate something and he always surrounded himself with fancy cars and boats and bikinied women. You know which one am talking about.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Ad was really really stupid. Only part I enjoyed was when the guy drops the glass trying to get his phone. But that's not so amazing so clearly Samsung doesn't know how to make and ad. If you cant make an ad you cant make a product.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Ad was really really stupid. Only part I enjoyed was when the guy drops the glass trying to get his phone. But that's not so amazing so clearly Samsung doesn't know how to make and ad. If you cant make an ad you cant make a product.

These companies don't make the ads at all. They pay people to do it for them most of the time so it has no effect on the product being made.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
These companies don't make the ads at all. They pay people to do it for them most of the time so it has no effect on the product being made.

Of course there is an Ad agency involved.

The difference is, when Jobs wanted the "Think Different" campaign, the Ad agency came back and said "Think Different" is grammatically incorrect! but Jobs insisted "Think Different" reflects more accurately what he was going for - Issacson's book.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Of course there is an Ad agency involved.

The difference is, when Jobs wanted the "Think Different" campaign, the Ad agency came back and said "Think Different" is grammatically incorrect! but Jobs insisted "Think Different" reflects more accurately what he was going for - Issacson's book.

And the point is? Basing a product based on their ad campaign is just foolish in my opinion.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
And the point is? Basing a product based on their ad campaign is just foolish in my opinion.

The point is, when Apple made Ads, specifically when Jobs was around, he was going for a message, not necessarily specific to a product, he was telling you why you should buy an Apple product, not because it got gigahertz or big screen or whatever, he wanted you to aspire to something grand.

Samsung message this Ad: Buy Gear, Get Chicks. LAME-O.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
The point is, when Apple made Ads, specifically when Jobs was around, he was going for a message, not necessarily specific to a product, he was telling you why you should buy an Apple product, not because it got gigahertz or big screen or whatever, he wanted you to aspire to something grand.

Samsung message this Ad: Buy Gear, Get Chicks. LAME-O.

Not sure I do feel the "I'm a Mac" campaign had an Apple is cool and PC's are for nerds.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
OMG ... The most emotionLESS and bland AD ever !!!!

No highs lows in the dialogues .... poor actors ... did they cut the budget suddenly or what

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Creepy, the guy took 64 photos and videos of the girl.

I LMAO at the crowd dancing

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I expected to see KITT drive up !

Its funny enough seeing anyone asking Siri something in public so using a watch like this would be ubra funny.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Not everyone chooses to own an iPad. Android, for everyone's complaints, works well and the browser does not crash:p.

I prefer my Air after 7.1. :eek:

Batiatus

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2013
I had to check the YouTube channel if this ad was really published by official Samsung profile. Unfortunately it is the official profile. This ad is horrible I don't know what were they thinking.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007

Well, it's no worse than Apple's silly sentimental christmas effort. This ad may be cheesy, but it reinforces the idea that the cool, young, good looking people should be using Samsung devices. iPhones are for old people now.

Personally, after seeing this ad, I'm convinced. I'm off to buy 2 galaxy gears. Nobody wants to be "that guy" who doesn't have one this holiday season.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.