PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Apple Support Calls

Compile 'em all
Dec 23, 2005, 04:36 PM
Those are absolutely unbelievable....a zip file filled with hilarious Apple tech
support calls :D (originally found on digg (http://digg.com))

Download from:
Main link (http://colo.slacker.com.nyud.net:8090/apple-support-calls//)<---Very slow
OR
Rapid Share (http://rapidshare.de/files/9709710/All-Files.zip.html)
OR
Torrent (http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=Hilarious%20Apple%20Support%20Calls)

p0intblank
Dec 24, 2005, 12:24 AM
Those were pretty funny. LOL I can't believe the guy in the last one... seriously, who doesn't know what a paperclip is!?

mad jew
Dec 24, 2005, 12:38 AM
Oh dear. I'm so glad the newbies around here are nice. :)

katie ta achoo
Dec 24, 2005, 12:41 AM
I love the Non-Apple Hardware guy. :D

~Shard~
Dec 24, 2005, 12:42 AM
After working on a Help Desk for almost a year, I can personally confirm that yes, there are in fact people as stupid as this out there.

One of my favorites was wen I told a woman on the phone to close all her windows for starters. She then proceeded to shout to her husband, "Rick close the windows!", and he then shut all the windows in their house. Wow. The icing on the cake was it was winter, so I couldn't understand why the hell they would have had the windows open in the first place!?!?! :confused: :eek:

mad jew
Dec 24, 2005, 12:43 AM
I love the Non-Apple Hardware guy. :D

Yeah, making Big Man Threats™. :D

Imagine being told you can't redevelop some land because one of the councillors' friends had bad support on his out-of-warranty Mac. :rolleyes:

~Shard~
Dec 24, 2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah, making Big Man Threats™. :D

Imagine being told you can't redevelop some land because one of the councillors' friends had bad support on his out-of-warranty Mac. :rolleyes:

Yeah, exactly - I guess it is who you know.... ;)

Daveway
Dec 24, 2005, 12:46 AM
All I have to say is, "Non Apple Software.":eek: :eek: :eek: :D

mad jew
Dec 24, 2005, 01:00 AM
I don't know why but this reminds me of an amateur DJ I met the other day who was telling me how he downloaded all his music. I asked what program and he said LimeWire. Okay, so you don't mind that P2P music is generally illegal? Nah, it's okay, he got LimeWire Pro for $30. He said that if the Police come asking, he'll just show them the LimeWire Pro receipt and it'll all be hunky dory... :(

katie ta achoo
Dec 24, 2005, 01:08 AM
I don't know why but this reminds me of an amateur DJ I met the other day who was telling me how he downloaded all his music. I asked what program and he said LimeWire. Okay, so you don't mind that P2P music is generally illegal? Nah, it's okay, he got LimeWire Pro for $30. He said that if the Police come asking, he'll just show them the LimeWire Pro receipt and it'll all be hunky dory... :(
:eek:

How can..
What the??
Just who?
(more stuttering)

*bashes head on desk*

mad jew
Dec 24, 2005, 01:10 AM
Yep. He's running Windows 98 because he doesn't know how to work XP... :(

Does anyone?...

drater
Dec 24, 2005, 01:30 AM
these are friggin' great...!!! thanks!:D

MacFan25863
Dec 24, 2005, 02:43 AM

Sad thing is...there are tons of people at my school who think this. They don't even believe me when I tell them otherwise. Just hope the RIAA doesn't find them.

Counterfit
Dec 24, 2005, 04:25 AM
The "heavy breather" sounds like Herbert from Family Guy (It took me over an hour to find that. DAMN YOU TO HELL WIKIPEDIA HOTLINKS! :mad: )

nightdweller25
Dec 24, 2005, 04:42 AM
:eek:
I don't think I have ever been so pissed off at the intelligence of some people while being able to laugh at them like that in my entire life.

Compile 'em all
Dec 24, 2005, 05:22 AM
My personal favorite is the "Heavy beather". The guy sounds like a serial
killer rather than someone that needs help.
And man, those help desk people are incredibely patient, I am not sure I can
ever manage to stay that calm.

Compile 'em all
Dec 24, 2005, 05:26 AM

lol...sounds logical to me ;)

rdowns
Dec 24, 2005, 06:05 AM
One of the favorite parts of my job are the call reviews I do from Customer Service calls. I really wonder how some people survive in this world.

Gotta love the AppleCare album art.

Danksi
Dec 24, 2005, 07:54 AM

Perhaps he's a Canadian? (it's a grey area here)

~Shard~
Dec 24, 2005, 09:09 AM
Perhaps he's a Canadian? (it's a grey area here)

Good point - thanks to our lax laws, downloading music "illegally" is still not "illegal", but more of a grey area.

quigleybc
Dec 29, 2005, 01:32 PM
Good point - thanks to our lax laws, downloading music "illegally" is still not "illegal", but more of a grey area.

It's tough to find a solid rule about where Canada stands on that issue.

I've heard that it is illegal to UPload stuff, but as of yet, there is no court precedent that makes DOwnloading stuff illegal..

I have no idea if that is correct.

adk
Dec 29, 2005, 01:51 PM
man, these things are dated.

"And you cut off the capacitors to make the ram fit?"

"That's right, 4 megabytes of ram."

applemacdude
Dec 29, 2005, 03:52 PM
www.pismomonkey.com/apple_support

link for faster dl

trainguy77
Dec 29, 2005, 04:21 PM
WOW that is great!!!!!:D

Danksi
Dec 30, 2005, 02:27 AM
It's tough to find a solid rule about where Canada stands on that issue.

I've heard that it is illegal to UPload stuff, but as of yet, there is no court precedent that makes DOwnloading stuff illegal..

I have no idea if that is correct.

I believe it's illegal to share/upload, but not download.

Canadians pay an additional tarriff on recordable media, which I understood was supposed to go to the record industry for 'lost revenue'. It was in the news a lot in the last year, as MP3 devices (such as iPods) were being taxed in the same way, however they are no longer covered by the recordable media tarriff. Seems to leave an interesting gap in the legal loophole now, since I would imagine most downloaders either leave their MP3's on their hard drives or copy them to an MP3 device. Not many would burn to CD's as in the past perhaps.

This doesn't cover video though.

trainguy77
Dec 30, 2005, 11:59 AM
I believe it's illegal to share/upload, but not download.

Canadians pay an additional tarriff on recordable media, which I understood was supposed to go to the record industry for 'lost revenue'. It was in the news a lot in the last year, as MP3 devices (such as iPods) were being taxed in the same way, however they are no longer covered by the recordable media tarriff. Seems to leave an interesting gap in the legal loophole now, since I would imagine most downloaders either leave their MP3's on their hard drives or copy them to an MP3 device. Not many would burn to CD's as in the past perhaps.

This doesn't cover video though.
It no longer applies to ipods for sure

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodlevyrefund/

yippy
Dec 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
Man, those are funny. I have been working in tech support for a year and a half now and never had anyone as angry as some of those people.:eek: It is actually not as hard as you think to stay calm. Great motivation is that you can get fired for yelling back although usually you just hold the phone away from your ear and tell your co-workers how much of a @%$# idiot you have on the phone right now. You don't even listen to them when they are like that, just laugh about them until they stop so you can try and talk to them again. I know, sounds like bad tech support, but it is what you have to do.

Also, these kinds of people are luckily very rare.

trainguy77
Dec 30, 2005, 12:45 PM
I this reminds me of something.
http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/
then scroll down to the internet help desk and pick your version. Great fun.

freeny
Dec 30, 2005, 12:46 PM
GENIOUS! (goes to find credit card)

IJ Reilly
Dec 30, 2005, 12:58 PM
Is it just me? I don't find this stuff to be at all funny. Depressing, more like -- not because some people don't have the first clue about computers (I knew that) but because some are prepared to so heartlessly abuse tech support staff with pointless tirades. I guess the lesson here is to be kind as possible to the next help line person you call. Their last caller might have been somebody like the Texas Threatener.

wattage
Dec 30, 2005, 03:26 PM
Their last caller might have been somebody like the Texas Threatener.
Gotta love the Good Ol' Boy thing: "My cousin runs the local 'Try n Save' store, and you just try to set your foot in that establishment again!"