PDA

View Full Version : sound problem with handbrake?

drater
Dec 23, 2005, 10:27 PM
I've handbrake on a lot of my movies...worked fine..however, just bought "Sky High" and ripped it and the sound isn't working.....is this my fault or disney's or handbrake's? need to know who i should be mad at:)

Chundles
Dec 23, 2005, 10:40 PM
I've handbrake on a lot of my movies...worked fine..however, just bought "Sky High" and ripped it and the sound isn't working.....is this my fault or disney's or handbrake's? need to know who i should be mad at:)

Check which audio track you're ripping. I have a Green Day DVD that I ripped but forgot to make sure the audio track was the right one. It sounded all scratchy so I went back to Handbrake and realised I was ripping some other audio - I think the one you want is generally English AC3 or similar.

drater
Dec 24, 2005, 01:24 AM
Check which audio track you're ripping. I have a Green Day DVD that I ripped but forgot to make sure the audio track was the right one. It sounded all scratchy so I went back to Handbrake and realised I was ripping some other audio - I think the one you want is generally English AC3 or similar.
yeah, that's what i have checked off ("English (AC3) (5 ch)")....any other suggestions?

Chundles
Dec 24, 2005, 01:29 AM
yeah, that's what i have checked off ("English (AC3) (5 ch)")....any other suggestions?

Nup, no idea. Maybe try ripping with Mac the Ripper and going off that?

The DVD's probably a bit weird, I have one that wouldn't rip.