Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerograves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
I run a youtube channel and I want to start a challenge in my next video. What I'd like to do is hide a single image in the video at a random point. The idea is, unless you know what your looking for, you have to go through frame by frame to find the image. The first person to find it will win a prize. I use FCP7 and I've put an image into a single frame in the middle of my video, because thats what I was told to do. However two things, one, on play back the image is obvious and two, ive seen plenty of videos where you have to go frame by frame to find the image, hence where i got the idea.

Can someone explain to me what i need to do to hide this image?

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
well, you have to HIDE it, e.g. not place it somewhere, where it sticks out like a sore thumb. try hiding it within pictures with similar colors & contrast and maybe fast cuts. if it still sticks out, maybe you have to knock out the background and hide it within a picture.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
You need to import the image as a single frame.
The default import for static in FCP legacy (7 and lower) is 10 seconds I believe.
You have to take that static and shorten the head/tail (in and out) to one frame then place it on a foreground track.
Place it anywhere you wish.

P.s. a single frame in a video is just that, a single frame whether your 23.976fps, 29.97fps or higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.