Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Does anybody own this case, thoughts on it? I am thinking of pulling the trigger it's supposedly "leather" for under twenty bucks seems worth a shot. If anybody owns this particular case let me know how you like it I'm looking at the frost back and brown leather one.

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-SmartS...sr=1-15&keywords=fintie+leather+ipad+air+case

It states that it is PU leather which is most likely a synthetic type - not that there is anything wrong with PU. For purses and shoes, I have to have real leather but for my electronics that can be handled after putting on lotion, I prefer the polys for their ease of cleaning. I haven't tried the Flintie brand but did try the Poetic which is really great quality.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It states that it is PU leather which is most likely a synthetic type - not that there is anything wrong with PU. For purses and shoes, I have to have real leather but for my electronics that can be handled after putting on lotion, I prefer the polys for their ease of cleaning. I haven't tried the Flintie brand but did try the Poetic which is really great quality.
My bad did not fully read the description just the title up top. Do you have this case? If anybody has the frost type can you post some pictures?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
My bad did not fully read the description just the title up top. Do you have this case? If anybody has the frost type can you post some pictures?

I don't have the Flintie but do have two Poetic slimline cases which appear to be the same or at least very similar.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Thoughts? Do they make the Air substantially heavier?

I can't say specifically for the Flintie, but the Poetic really didn't add a lot of weight but you could feel the difference between having it on to the naked Air. The Poetic is one of the lighter cases out there.

I really liked the Kavaj Berlin cause it seemed to be the lightest case out there. I just couldn't get one to last and not have the thread unravel.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I can't say specifically for the Flintie, but the Poetic really didn't add a lot of weight but you could feel the difference between having it on to the naked Air. The Poetic is one of the lighter cases out there.

I really liked the Kavaj Berlin cause it seemed to be the lightest case out there. I just couldn't get one to last and not have the thread unravel.

Nice I just looked up the Poetic and it's only 5 ounces supposedly according to a review on amazon. If that's true I believe that is the same as Apples smartcase and the lightest non-apple one I've seen out there.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Nice I just looked up the Poetic and it's only 5 ounces supposedly according to a review on amazon. If that's true I believe that is the same as Apples smartcase and the lightest non-apple one I've seen out there.

If you are interested in the Poetic, what are your color preferences?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
If you are interested in the Poetic, what are your color preferences?

I wanted the boombox version, kind of hesitant though as it's probably not one of the more popular ones scared of it having bad magnets or the wrong tri-fold etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.