Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I think MR would benefit from some type of feedback system or something. It's kinda annoying reading through the MR marketplace and 95% of the posts are people saying "A+ Seller, I would definitely buy from him again".

There's nothing wrong with giving feedback, not trying to say that, just...it seems as if people just go through the marketplace posting feedback for everyone that's selling something. It definitely helps the buyer, and I've done it too, just seems some type of feedback system would help out.

Ideas maybe? Maybe this is a stupid idea haha.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
eBay. MR isn't here for sales, those who really want to do business and have all the feed back stuff should use a proper means IMO, and not just a forum.

Just IMO.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
It would be a great idea, but I gotta agree with e in the fact that eBay is for this kinda thing, and the marketplace is kind of a MR plus.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Yeah, I agree with you guys too. Just seems there must be some solution to giving someone feedback ONCE, rather than posting in every single of their for sale threads stating that they are a good seller.

Maybe a sub-forum in the marketplace. In this sub-forum, titled "Member Feedback" or something similar, either a person or a person wanting to leave that person feedback could make a thread and title it with the person's username. This would act as that person's feedback thread. Then, a member could post sentence or two about that person, as could others after a transaction is done.

If someone has a question about someone in the marketplace, they could go ahead and look for them in there.

...or people could just use heatware...

But I do understand why MR wouldn't do this and I think maybe it's a better idea not to. No one says you have to sell/buy anything on MR...it's a convenience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.