Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GleenGould

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Hi all-
Im thinking to get a 30G video Ipod. I never use an Ipod before, I heard some good and bad things about Ipod...Just wanna have some suggetions from everybody...
here is some questions...
How's the GRAPHICS for the pictures and the video?
Is it easy to use?
How's the battery life?
Dose it crash sometimes?
Am I able to record w/ my own microphone?
This new ipod really brought my attention...I really like it...
but before i make the move to buy it..i wanna hear from u guys...
thanks...

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
First off, it's iPod. Not Ipod, I-POD, or any of those.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Now down to business :)
-The graphics are very good. Downloaded video content from Apple looks amazing on the iPod, IMHO.
-iPod = VERY easy to use!
-The 30GB iPod is reported as getting up to 14 hours of battery life, and most indications are that this estimate is close to actual usage. Note that this is with the backlight off, and a few other factors that are changed from everyday use.
-Like most software-based electronics, it will crash, but these are few and far between, and a reset only takes a few seconds.
-You can only record to the iPod through a third-party accessory. Some of these include jacks that will allow you to use your own microphone.

So go ahead and buy! Don't worry, you won't be disappointed. Just get a good case or an Invisible Shield with it (Google "invisible shield"...I'm too lazy to find a URL :).)

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
GleenGould said:

According to the January issue ofMacworld magazine, the video iPod does support 441.khz stereo recording (cd quality). However, you'll need to attach an iPod compatible audio-input module, which hadn't been released at press time. I haven't heard of one being introduced yet and I am eagerly awaiting one1

CaughtupinDrama

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2005
GleenGould said:
Hi all-
Im thinking to get a 30G video Ipod. I never use an Ipod before, I heard some good and bad things about Ipod...Just wanna have some suggetions from everybody...
here is some questions...
How's the GRAPHICS for the pictures and the video?
Is it easy to use?
How's the battery life?
Dose it crash sometimes?
This new ipod really brought my attention...I really like it...
but before i make the move to buy it..i wanna hear from u guys...
thanks...

the battery life sucks. I had my iPod playing for an hour and I was already to 3/4 battery life. and that was after I charged it.
also, videos take up a lot a battery life, so for a long trip w/o charging, videos are not an option

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
CaughtupinDrama said:
the battery life sucks. I had my iPod playing for an hour and I was already to 3/4 battery life. and that was after I charged it.
also, videos take up a lot a battery life, so for a long trip w/o charging, videos are not an option
Well then maybe YOUR iPod sucks.

emutree

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2005
Canada
2A Batterie said:
I haven't heard of one being introduced yet and I am eagerly awaiting one1

January Macworld hopefully will bring forth a good recording option from Griffin or someone.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
CaughtupinDrama said:
I had my iPod playing for an hour and I was already to 3/4 battery life. and that was after I charged it.

You can't really rely on the battery meter. My 3G ipod indicates I'm at 3/4 (or less) battery life after an hour, but it is not true-- it lasts substantially longer than that. You should run the battery dry while using it (and time it) before you decide that it sucks.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
rosalindavenue said:
You can't really rely on the battery meter. My 3G ipod indicates I'm at 3/4 (or less) battery life after an hour, but it is not true-- it lasts substantially longer than that. You should run the battery dry while using it (and time it) before you decide that it sucks.

Ummm, ya.... Dont pay any attention to that battery meter. After only an hour it might read 75%, but you will actually get much more out of it just like everyone else is saying.....

I just bought my 30GB iPod in Nov. and I am loving it. Don't worry about, you will enjoy it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.