Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logansmullet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Hi. I just read about an open emulator for Mac only that plays great old video games (openemu.org). I was thinking that if I bought an AppleTV I could stream the emulator from my macbook to my TV and play on the big screen. I know you may never have tried this emulator before but does the concept seem to work? I have only just seen an Apple TV in action on Christmas so I only know it works with iPads and iPhones for photos and music. Does it stream the internet to the TV too?

Thanks for your help in advance!
SHawn

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Hi. I just read about an open emulator for Mac only that plays great old video games (openemu.org). I was thinking that if I bought an AppleTV I could stream the emulator from my macbook to my TV and play on the big screen. I know you may never have tried this emulator before but does the concept seem to work? I have only just seen an Apple TV in action on Christmas so I only know it works with iPads and iPhones for photos and music. Does it stream the internet to the TV too?

Thanks for your help in advance!
SHawn
You can mirror the screen from an iPad, iPhone to the aTV. Where you disappointment may be is the small amount of lag between what you do on the device screen and what you see on the tv screen. Not a problem for watching things like movies or presentations, but not the best for game playing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.