PDA

View Full Version : WTB/TF: Apple Set-Top-Box

LimeiBook86
Dec 25, 2005, 12:07 AM
I'm looking for an Apple Set-Top-Box (think of a cable box) These are hard to find but, I know some of you may have one that your willing to sell or know somewhere I can get one (either on eBay or a web site). I don't think you really get any of them to boot up or function properly. But it would be cool to have one just to tinker with and put it on top of my TV for a cool-ness factor. I can pay via PayPal or a Money Order :D

Call me crazy but, I'd love to have one :)

FadeToBlack
Dec 25, 2005, 04:08 AM
Wow, that looks awesome. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

aquajet
Dec 25, 2005, 08:42 AM
Here's one I came across the other day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLLECTORS-ITEM-APPLE-INTERACTIVE-SETTOP-BOX_W0QQitemZ5846022413QQcategoryZ80075QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and of course, I'm not affiliated with this

placebo_from_AI
Dec 25, 2005, 09:06 AM
Inexpensive enough.

LimeiBook86
Dec 25, 2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the link! I bought it with some christmas money it was like $50 with shipping but, that ain't bad in my eyes for an Apple prototype/never-released product!!! :p

Thanks again! :D

zap2
Dec 25, 2005, 09:39 AM
it says it working!

tell if it is(when u get it)

LimeiBook86
Dec 25, 2005, 09:43 AM
it says it working!

tell if it is(when u get it)
I sure will! I'm so excited, I'll get back to you guys in a full report on Mac Guides! ;):D

aquajet
Dec 25, 2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the link! I bought it with some christmas money it was like $50 with shipping but, that ain't bad in my eyes for an Apple prototype/never-released product!!! :p

Thanks again! :D

Congrats! I thought about clicking the BIN button, but decided not to. Take some pics of the startup screen, and the insides if you can.
:)

LimeiBook86
Dec 25, 2005, 09:56 AM
Congrats! I thought about clicking the BIN button, but decided not to. Take some pics of the startup screen, and the insides if you can.
:)
I'll be sure to, I'll document this as best as possible :D Maybe I can add a special little section to the Set Top Box section of MacGuides or something :)

skoker
Dec 25, 2005, 10:07 AM
Ah, the lore of the "Pippin"....

I had/might still have one of those. They're really cool in concept, but in real life, it's just System 7 on your TV :(

LimeiBook86
Dec 25, 2005, 11:55 AM
After reading some web sites I noticed that it's the luck of the draw wether you can get your machine to boot or not. I might need software or something....or not. I'll look into it, hopefully it'll come before I have to go back to school :p