Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astoxos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Hello all.
I am facing a very annoying problem since i upgraded to Mavericks: Itunes cannot identify the iphoto library on my way to sync photos from mac to iphone.
The result is to get the endless loading icon rotating in the 'photos' tab inside itunes.
I want to mention that other apps have the same response when i try to import the iphoto library to them (like cleanmymac2) and i get the 'library not suppoorted' message or the library appears grayed-out. Iphoto app works great though and recognises iphoto library with no issues.

I have tried reinstall both itunes and iphoto, the built-in iphoto repair tool, to duplicate the iphoto library, fix permissions, update everything and some other tricks, but with no result.

Can you please help me with that?

The attached photo shows what I see when I try to sync photos to iphone.

Attachments

• 1527938_10201892225879643_800787851_n.jpg
    1527938_10201892225879643_800787851_n.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 123

kidsleepy

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
Montauk, NY
i am experiencing the same problem. i just bought a new macbook pro 13 retina (and i absolutely love it). i wasn't looking forward to re-syncing my phone and had to move 18gb of music, 5 gb of photos, etc to my new machine. after doing so, i re-synced to my new machine and found that i could not access the photo tab and it continued to show me an hourglass as well.

fortunately, it did not wipe my photos off my phone so at least i still have them all accessible on the go.

hoping a software update or sumfin comes soon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

fixed itself?

so i don't know how it happened. but i turned the machine off. went to work. came home from work with my friend (who is also an apple fanatic) and went to show her the problem and bada bing, the photo tab opened and i am currently re-syncing my photos to my phone.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

wondering if this problem has stuck with anyone's machine? i have had zero problems since it magically fixed itself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.