PDA

View Full Version : FEELER: 12" 1ghz PB 512MB 5400RPM 10.4

mlrproducts
Dec 25, 2005, 02:26 AM
What is a fair price for a 12" PB, 1Ghz w/512MB RAM and a 40GB samsung 5400RPM drive? Comes with original reinstall disc plus 10.4 disc with paperwork. No dead pixels, great condition.

I was thinking $800 shipped?

Forgot to mention that the battery is 2 weeks old! Original was recalled so this is a replacement from Apple. Been getting a good 4 hours surfing the net playing MP3s. You could probably get 5+ out of typing a paper.

wnameth
Dec 25, 2005, 08:31 AM
What is a fair price for a 12" PB, 1Ghz w/512MB RAM and a 40GB samsung 5400RPM drive? Comes with original reinstall disc plus 10.4 disc with paperwork. No dead pixels, great condition.

I was thinking $800 shipped?
I would say that is a great price, is there AE or BT in it?

wiggy4ever
Dec 25, 2005, 08:40 AM
i assume there is no apple care?

doucy2
Dec 25, 2005, 09:14 AM
trades im veryintersted in this lappy

mlrproducts
Dec 25, 2005, 11:54 AM
It has bluetooth and an AE card in it. No, there isn't any Applecare. I treat all my electronics very well, and have owned about 5 Powerbooks in the last three years (always upgrading, so I keep them nice for resale).

I would love to keep this, I really love the form factor over my Thinkpad. But, I bought a PMG5 a while ago for photography and just dropped some money on some studio lights, so I really need to get rid of this for the cash.

Like I said in my original post, it was just a feeler. I would love to get about $1000 for it, but I know they've come down in price lately so I just wanted to get a price point. I had planned to feeBay it but if that sounds like a fair price I'd sell it to a MR member.

I'm at home with family for the holidays and am celebrating with my fiance on the 31st. I'll be back home on the 2nd and can take a bunch of pictures (as well as the accessories, paperwork, and software is at home). I'll throw in a Lind brand car & airplane charger for $25 if someone wants it.

There was nothing wrong with the original hard drive but I had it upgraded to 5400RPM one for the speed for PSCS. If anyone thinks they're truly interested PM me and I'll take some pics of it now as well as the other stuff when I get back.

Thanks for the advice on the price point everyone. Merry Christmas!

Forgot to say the battery is new. See OP.