PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mac Mans Discount Car $250 - OBO ;)

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 07:41 PM
Okay, I know this is Mac Forum, but well see the bottom of this post to see how its a Mac Item ;). Now since I'm broke (Christmas time) and need to get some cash, and need this to find a good home, I thought I'd offer to you guys.

Now this car is a Light Blue Dodge Dynasty 1988 (119k Miles), Almost New Tires, New Brakes, Detailed & Like New Interior, Newer Battery, Great Transmission (Shifts Fine), Minor Rust Near the Wheel, this has had a total of three owners, you can be the fourth ;). Now the problems some minor scuffs on the paint job, and this has what I think is a Blown Head Gasket, but it STILL DRIVES and Starts Right up though it runs pretty rough and will over-head within 10 minutes, I got a quote to fix the head gasket from three places locally and they are as followed: $180 (This was a way to correct with out replacing), $275, $360 OR if your a did it yourselfer you can save Major $$$ by going HERE (http://www.racepages.com/fr1/parts/head_gasket/dodge/dynasty.html?ovchn=FRO&ovcpn=Froogle&ovcrn=Dodge+Dynasty+Head+Gasket&ovtac=CMP) they Have The Head Gasket for $21.76 now I am sure you will probably have to grind the cylinder heads, as I'd imagine they are warped from the overheating. But, if you know what you are doing and have a grinder, you will have your self a good working nice car for $277.76 total Wow what a steal, I wish I knew how to do that sort of thing.

This car is also missing two hubcaps, and the rear suspension is well shot, but the computers in the back keep it okay :) and you can go awhile with out fixing this... Before this happened this car ran GREAT, and was a pleasure to drive, and had more power then my Ford Tempo, and it was always great on Gas. Now, this car was used to Service Computers at Homes and Business, pretty much was used for hauling parts and technicians around, and was my main car when my Ford Tempo died. I have babied this car, it had an Oil Change Recently, and always got all servicing done on time.

Modified things this car has/had done: Front and Rear Window Advertisements (see pictures - these can come of with gas and bit of free time none of witch I have spare of :rolleyes: ) two Advertisement Stickers on the front doors, these too can come off easy. Also this has had a system of strobe lights (Business Loading/Unoading), these have been removed, and there is 2 Nail Holes on the Rear Deck. This car has a newer Dodge Installed Radio with Cassette Drive, and as a Bonus you get a Free Cassette iPod Adaptor, the sound system in the car is stock, and all of the sparkers appear to be in good working order.

Pictures of this can be viewed here: Dodge Dynasty 1988 (Http://maceffects.net/dynasty) - dots on the picture are from water on the lens not on the car.

The Car is located in LaPorte Indiana (46350), and I can help with pick-up in any way I can, this can be mailed at your expense, or I can deliver it at your cost too. You are welcome to look at the vehicle be for you buy it, PM me if your interested.

Bonus---> a Trunk Load of older Macintosh Computers and Parts (FILLED)!!!

PLEASE REMEMBER - I am open to ANY and ALL Offers!

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 08:57 PM
Okay Here is an update, after I got a PM...

- Air Conditioning (Not Cold)
- Power Steering
- Power Door Locks (One door does not work)
- Tilt Wheel
- Cruise Control (works well)
- AM/FM Stereo
- Cassette (great w/ iPod Adaptor)

I have decided to offer Not only the Trunk, but the back seats, and anywhere else in the car I can fit this old Mac Stuff (1985-1998) You are not requred to take these just to help get the car off my driveway, and Macs out of my Storage location. a

The Truck has a Custom made setup - for storage and transportation of Computers, and Service Part, it can be removed should the buyer request it.

"Kelley Blue Book Private Party Value Search Local (46350) Listings for This Car $1,380" (If operating at top quality w/fixed Head Gasket)

mulletman13
Dec 25, 2005, 09:06 PM
Oooooh.... it runs... yes?

I could use something that runs around here, my car has a broken fuel pump... oooh and old Mac stuff? oooooh

skoker
Dec 25, 2005, 09:06 PM
Okay Here is an update, after I got a PM...

- Air Conditioning (Not Cold)
- Power Steering
- Power Door Locks (One door does not work)
- Tilt Wheel
- Cruise Control (works well)
- AM/FM Stereo
- Cassette (great w/ iPod Adaptor)

I have decided to offer Not only the Trunk, but the back seats, and anywhere else in the car I can fit this old Mac Stuff (1985-1998) You are not requred to take these just to help get the car off my driveway, and Macs out of my Storage location. a

"Kelley Blue Book Private Party Value Search Local (46350) Listings for This Car $1,380" (If operating at top quality w/fixed Head Gasket)

Any pics of the Mac stuff?

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 09:16 PM
Any pics of the Mac stuff?

No, but I *will* be posting some ASAP, I'll be out all day tomorrow, but I will be sure to get right on it... But I can tell you what some of that stuff it, some is RARE!

NeXTStation Computer (Slab)
Apple Newton MessagePad PDA
Apple Computer QuickTake Camera
PowerMac 5400 (2)
Macintosh LC I-III (you can choose qty)
VGA 15" CRT Monitor (1 or more)
Macintosh LC 520 thru 580 (you can choose)
PowerBook 100 Series Laptop Computer (1)
Quadra / Centris 650 Computer (2)
ADB Keyboards and Mice (MANY)
Performa 636(CD) Computer (1)
Quadra 636 Computer (1)
And MANY other Items... I have many you can choose to take, just let me know what you want, I have over 300 Macs, and over 60 PC's...

Maybe I suppose I should have put the car in the Apple Collectables Section :D

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 09:37 PM
Oooooh.... it runs... yes?

I could use something that runs around here, my car has a broken fuel pump... oooh and old Mac stuff? oooooh

Yep, it RUNS and STARTS, and Mac Stuff - to give more reason to buy :cool: ... Though it can only be driven in ten minute mutibles and must cool down, so to take to Say Chicago a normal drive would be about an Hour, but as it is, I would say 2 Hours if you allow to rest every ten minutes for at least ten minutes... And the Fuel Pump never gave trouble on this car. It would be a lovely Winter Car, Daily Driver, Etc...

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 09:45 PM
Okay, I'm sorry but after 4 PM's to get some of the items included with this car I have to let you know, you MUST Buy the Car to get the Computer Stuff, and I did not test any of it, they all look complete I never messed with them... But if you are interested in the items, please buy the car, worst case you can get $100 from a Junk Yard after you get your treasures out:D

biohazard6969
Dec 25, 2005, 09:49 PM
how much? i have no idea what to offer, but i'm just considering still and would like to know

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 09:52 PM
how much? i have no idea what to offer, but i'm just considering still and would like to know

Well, I am *considering* Offers from $165-$250 for the whole deal Computer Stuff & Car, and any thing else I can find to though in that you might be interested in. I should be able to post more pictures tonight. I might be willing to trade for some of your items you have for sale.

mulletman13
Dec 25, 2005, 09:54 PM
Damn I would make an offer if I was still living in Illinois, but where I am right now it sounds like it would be a 6 hour drive or so if taken in 10 minute intervals... ah well, I guess the money will go towards my new fuel pump (and it kindof should...)

Best of luck selling it!

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 10:00 PM
Damn I would make an offer if I was still living in Illinois, but where I am right now it sounds like it would be a 6 hour drive or so if taken in 10 minute intervals... ah well, I guess the money will go towards my new fuel pump (and it kindof should...)

Best of luck selling it!

Okay well thank you for your interest, and thank you for reminding me to mention the South Shore line stops at our neighbor town, and I'd be willing to pick up the interested party to take to the car, and help you get it to the highway.

biohazard6969
Dec 25, 2005, 10:00 PM
DAMN YOU FOR BEING FAR AWAY!!!! *checks map again to make sure* hold on, how long would it take to go from toronto to where u are.....either way its a little far, i'm 16 it would be great to have a car...

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 10:19 PM
DAMN YOU FOR BEING FAR AWAY!!!! *checks map again to make sure* hold on, how long would it take to go from toronto to where u are.....either way its a little far, i'm 16 it would be great to have a car...

Yeah, thats what I was thinking when I saw you were from Canada, thats 19.4 Hours of Driving, assuming it would even make it that far... But, thats okak I don't even know how to transfer the title to another contry, and I am sure it would be expensive then you guys have those funny tax laws so I wouldn't know where to begin, plus your a minor... But if you are look HERE (http://motors.ebay.ca/) for some deals on cars near you, I can remember when I first wanted to Drive with my own car, it took me 4 months but I found a great deal, and it was worth the wait.

MacEffects
Dec 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
I have also discovered another small problem with this car, the Key is Stuck in the ignition and the Displayer, and the wheel is a bit loose and nether affects the performance of the car. And, I wouldn't think any one would ever steal a Dynasty so theres not much to worry about so long as you lock the doors:p

And, there are updated pictures found The Car Pictures (http://maceffects.net/dynasty)

As mentioned Above you can get a cheap Head Gasket, but I have ALSO found a link that shows how to do it too, its HERE (http://www.allpar.com/eek/headgasket.html)

ALSO, There has NOT Been Serious Offer YES - It is Still Available!!

kwajaln
Dec 26, 2005, 02:34 PM
ALSO, There has NOT Been Serious Offer YES - It is Still Available!!
Wow, what a surprise. :p

rdowns
Dec 26, 2005, 05:31 PM
I hear chicks really dig this car. :eek:

randas
Dec 26, 2005, 06:14 PM
whats the model # on the newton & quicktake?

applekid
Dec 26, 2005, 07:51 PM
Can I pay you to take the car to the scrap yard (probably get you some money from them) and just take the computer hardware? :eek: It doesn't sound like the car is worth fixing or selling.

MacEffects and Macs R Us not working out for you?

MacEffects
Dec 26, 2005, 11:57 PM
Wow, what a surprise.
Well, you'd be amazing, the computers in the car are worth a decent sum since they are rare, and highly sought after items... And you get a free car too:)

I hear chicks really dig this car. :eek:

Yeah, especially since the back-end looks like it has hydraulics, since just normal driving causes it to hop up and down horribly, and occassonally drag, without being laid-out! Now you have the amazing opertunity to be a pimp with the low price of $250 :rolleyes: :cool: :D

whats the model # on the newton & quicktake?

Apple QuickTake 200 Working, and RARE... And let me know what one of the MessagePads you want I have OMPs-120's I'd be willing to give...

Can I pay you to take the car to the scrap yard (probably get you some money from them) and just take the computer hardware? It doesn't sound like the car is worth fixing or selling.

Well, I suppose I'd be willing to sell the items in the car, but I just thought someone must be able to fix this, as there are people with the skills to do so. And, well I suppose it may well not be worth fixing as its nothing rare, cool, or sporty... But its cheap transportation... Let me know if you do want them and maybe we could work out a good price.

MacEffects and Macs R Us not working out for you?.
Macs R Us Computers gave out a long time ago with many problems I couldn't correct, unfortinatly... And all of the spare money I had from Macs R Us, and my savings and a kind loan from the Bank went to MacEffects, and it seems it was a BAD Idea, its like a Black Money Hole, and no one really cares enough about there Mac Mini to get our product, so it seems I shall save the hundreds I have and maybe some day the will be rare... The 3rd party Mac market place is a hard place to just jump into, its not like selling refurb Mac items where Apple Paid for the marketing and has there name on it... But I am hopping maybe it will turn around soon, since I have been unable to turn a profit, and have to keep thinking of ideas to make cash in order to stay high enough in the red I don't get in trouble, as thats what lifes all about, as I'm sure you know...

Updated INFO About the Car + Computers & NEW Pictures (http://maceffects.net/dynasty)

im_to_hyper
Dec 27, 2005, 12:49 AM
Hey -- which part of Canada are you in? I may not be looking too hard right now... but still. (Inebreated, i appologize) anyway, i live in Wisconsin. Fort Francis, ON is about 8 hours away and Ste. St. Marie is 6.5. (Just for distance estimations.)

MacEffects
Dec 27, 2005, 01:25 AM
Hey -- which part of Canada are you in? I may not be looking too hard right now... but still. (Inebreated, i appologize) anyway, i live in Wisconsin. Fort Francis, ON is about 8 hours away and Ste. St. Marie is 6.5. (Just for distance estimations.)

If you are asking me, I am located in Indiana (North-West) That is normally a 6 hours from me... But as for the car making it it WILL NOT unless fixed, and *if* it could I suppose it would be about 12 Hours with stops, and constant coolant refilling... Now, I must be honest here, there is probably no way the car could (with out getting fixed) make it more then 50 miles tops. Of course towed or tailored would I'm sure work... Now this may sound ghetto but, I once used my Ford Tempo to move my 88 Topaz (Wouldn't start dead tranny too) 17 Miles, and it was just Industrial Steel Chains (2), and had someone steer in the Topaz, and it was successful so anything is possible. I will sell computers seprate, for a bit less... Depends what you want
:D

MacEffects
Dec 27, 2005, 07:13 PM
Okay, I've an update: There is NO MORE HUBCAPS... There is an intersting story about this though. I was drving down a main road in my town, and saw a car exactly like mine (No ads however :cool: ) and it was missing two hubcaps (Like I said the Dynasty's are nitrous for that) and they were the opposite of the ones I was missing, so I said to my self "Heck, I'd bet they'd love my hubcaps" and sure enough I came back later that day and walked up to their door (I don't know them so it was rather interesting). And I simply said "is that your car?" (Yea it is), "Great then I have some hubcaps for you". So since its the holidays I am in the giving mood, but I guaranty that laid was happy and I certain I made her day... So I have one thing to say Be Charitable... Its worth it