Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
I have looked around for scripts that will automate this process and played around a bit with automator, but nothing is working quite right.

what i would like is for BT to turn off when i unplug the TBD and turn on when i plug it back in.

It's not crucial as the battery life on both the MTP and keyboard is awesome but I would prefer to have this feature automated nevertheless.

I used to use macro polo for things like this but there again i'm not seeing any recent info on this topic. Surely i'm not the only person trying to do this?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
TBD?

My phone automatically pairs itself when my BT receivers turn on like the one in the car. Dunno if that's what ur talking about.

What trigger are you using to take the off/on action?

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
TBD?

My phone automatically pairs itself when my BT receivers turn on like the one in the car. Dunno if that's what ur talking about.

What trigger are you using to take the off/on action?

yep - it works great, but the problem is pittering around the house my bt devices go in and out. ideally i would only like for the trackpad and keyboard to connect when thunderbolt is plugged in.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have looked around for scripts that will automate this process and played around a bit with automator, but nothing is working quite right.

what i would like is for BT to turn off when i unplug the TBD and turn on when i plug it back in.

It's not crucial as the battery life on both the MTP and keyboard is awesome but I would prefer to have this feature automated nevertheless.

I used to use macro polo for things like this but there again i'm not seeing any recent info on this topic. Surely i'm not the only person trying to do this?

The devs. web site seems to be down at the moment, but I believe the app Control Plane will do what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.