Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Ok guys, I'm having a problem here, and need some help! I did a search but nothing turned up to help me in my situation. I have a Motorola RazR v3 and a 15" 1.5ghz Powerbook. I don't use iSync, I just use bluetooth to connect my RazR to the PB, all worked fine, I was transferring pictures and making ringtones, but all of a sudden one day, I went to connect my RazR and it just won't connect. My PB can't seem to find it. I'll go into "Set Up Bluetooth Device" then click either "Any Device" or "Mobile Phone" I then hit "Continue" and it will search for it. After a few seconds, I get a message that says "An Error Occurred Attempting to Perform This Search", "No Devices Have Been Found". All the while my RazR is set to "Discoverable". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Counterfit said:
Try pairing from the phone. Do you have another Bluetooth device handy to check if the PB's BT is working?
Unfortunately, I don't have another bluetooth device. How do I try to pair it from the phone?

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Make sure you didn't accidentally turn off bluetooth on the Razr itself. It's in Connections --> Bluetooth.

I usually keep mine off until i want to transfer stuff to it, since having bluetooth on all the time drains the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.