Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KKKL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Amoy
I purchased the music video Hung Up by Madonna to play on my computer. Since the video cannot play on my iPod nano, I had to purchase the audio again. :mad:
I hope nano plays video (no motion, only sound) with the new iPod Updater. That will save me a lot of money.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Yeah, about all you can do in that case is buy the separate audio track, or use an audio capture utility to grab the soundtrack as a separate stream. Grabbing the audio has it limitations, unfortunately; you've got the loss from recompression, plus an audio track that is often not the same as the album cut in the first place, plus the initial audio quality often isn't as good.

I'd be surprised if Apple bothered making it possible to play only the audio portion of existing video files. They've never worried about it before :(

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
1 - Nanos don't play videos; especially not DRM-protected ones.
2 - If you really want that audio from your purchased video use AudioHijack or WireTap etc.
3 - This really isn't a "Big Problem"! More descriptive thread titles next time people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.